Steering servo arm "mod"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Form

I ran my Savage the other day, and felt that my steering was quite bad... until it stopped working completely. Turns out the servo screw has came loose, the plastic servo arm came loose and the servo stripped it bad.

I had replacement parts in my Savage stuff but I went for a metal servo arm which came with my Hitec servos:

arm1.jpg

arm2.jpg

Since I couldn't screw directly in it as it worked with the plastic arm, I picked a screw and locknut from the spare parts I had:

arm3.jpg

I made a bigger hole in it to fit the screw:

arm4.jpg

And this is the result:

arm5.jpg

arm6.jpg

arm7.jpg

I bet the aluminium arm's threads will be tougher in case the screw comes loose again. I put some thread lock this time so it shouldn't happen anytime soon.

Overall I am under the impression that this made my handling a *bit* more responsive. Maybe this is all in my head but I was not looking for improvement in this area using another servo arm and yet it felt better.

i did the same thing on the weekend but only with the plastic arm that came with my hitec servo. looks about the same.

This is a good modification to make, I also use a Hitec aluminum arm on my steering servo. The plastic arm can strip when the wheels are violently torqued to one side by an impact to the front end.

+1, i have that arm on my hitec as well. I'm a bit surprised to see plastic 1 stripped out though.

thanks for posting Form, great pics as usual.

i used a racers edge arm. a little bigger then the hitec, but same mod. good work!

Latest posts

Members online

Back