Steam coming from head of engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanitro11

Is it bad when steam comes from the head of the engine? What does it mean? Does steam mean its overheating even when its just idling? plz help

if its wet/damp/ cold out of course you'll see steam because engines run normally 250-290F. you SHOULD have a temp gun to see if you are overheating but we require more info to help you.

It was around 95 degrees in the shade when it was running(idiling) that's why I thought it was not normal. Should it be steaming while its that hot outside?

Not that I can tell. If you have too many o rings between the engine block and cooling head could that cause it to over heat

Not that I can tell. If you have too many o rings between the engine block and cooling head could that cause it to over heat

depending on the nitro % you're running, you add shims accordingly....higher nitro % generally add shim...and lower % minus shim...too many shims is not good....(from my understanding)...

I know its probably not your first choice, but i would suggest starting from scratch so you know where you are in your tune.Set back to factory and lean slow from there. You will find in the end it is better.

@nitrobashin I tried returning the engine to factory settings and it still seems to over heat and run as tho there is no power...@preacher i will check that

Thanks everyone for the advice...what engines do you all think I should get if I decide to upgrade engines? Let me knw of some suggestions!

I have a lrp on my ofna hyper st and I haven't got a chance to run due to the brake throttle servo going out, but i can tell its going to be a beast. There more on the expensive side especially since i have to buy two of them for the hotbodies GTX2

My engine is still steaming from the head...any other suggestions as to why it could be doing this?

Latest posts

Members online

Back