starting the engine takes too long??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttuzun

hi
i have been thinking that my starting process takes too long for sometime now
and i decided to ask
approximately how long does it take for you guys to start your engine?
i remember days that i have spend 30-40 mins and ran out of rotostart battery but still couldnt start the engine (it was cold though)
and when its warm it still takes about 10-15 mins i guess

might there be something that i m doing wrong? or is this the general case?

Thank you

My surefire take about 4 or 5 pulls to start (when primed well)
my 4.1 takes just a little "zip" of the roto start (when primed)

Make sure you have a good (new) plug ... Make sure it's primed well.
Make sure you don't have any air leaks . and all the exhaust gaskets are good.

Its shouldn't take that long AT ALL to start your engine.

KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT YOU FIND OUT OK??... bottom line check for air leaks that's the biggest culprit

my glow plug is new i have actually tried with 3 different new ones :)

what do you mean by "primed"?
and where might i have an air leak? i have no problem about the engine working after it starts though...
its mainly the first burst

priming an engine is done by holding your finger over the exhaust pipe, which forces the fuel into the carb faster (just stop as soon as you see it enter the carb, or just a second or so after) if you aren't priming your engine, it could take a bit longer to start your engine...

Well, I know if mine doesn't start in a few pulls that something is wrong-usually prime so I always remove fuel line at carb and exhaust and blow until I get a nice stream out then pinch and connect to carb then give a little puff in line before connecting back on exhaust.I find it also easier to do this with clear fuel line.Then mine almost always starts on first pull-just my 2 cents,Dave

You guys have this covered but, I thought Id second everything SJ & komo apple said.

and starting your engine should not take long, the longer it takes the more wear and tear to the oneway.

how you shut her down can effect how it starts. get the old fuel out at the end of a bash.

If your not sure your fuel l ine is clean blow some fresh gas through it like apple said.

now prime it , crank it. if it does not start getting active rite away something is wrong. where there is spark and nitro there is fire.
good luck.

don't keep trying to start it if it doesnt turn over. find your problem.

I have 12 oneway bearings from my first engine, aprox. 18 dollars each. The cost of learning how to start these little monsters.

the only time my 4.1 is "stubborn" is if i used after run oil the time before then its harder to start lol other then that even if mines been sitting for a few weeks it still starts within a few "zips" of the roto start so yes i'll agree with the statement" it shouldnt be taking that long to start it"

The only time when I have ever had a problem starting the motor is when the piston is at the end of its little life, and been runnig for 5 minutes. Other then that yea check every thing out, completely rip the motor down clean it and put it back together making sure to seal it. ...... and how the hell does your glow starter stay going for that long :Mr.confused:? Thats a lot of draw for one 1500mha battery.

wanna hear something crazy? i've put 6 quarts of fuel through my sav x and only charged the glow ignitor the first time!!it still has power!! lol but i will recharge before i use it again! but then again mines always fairly easy to start!!

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly the point of this thread

wanna hear something crazy? i've put 6 quarts of fuel through my sav x and only charged the glow ignitor the first time!!it still has power!! lol but i will recharge before i use it again! but then again mines always fairly easy to start!!

exactly the point of this thread,

It should be easy to start or something is wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back