Starting/breaking in problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nisse

Hey mates!

Yesterday I finally got my fuel (O'Donnell 25%) and thought I could start my break in process. I followed the instructions on the HPI video that came with the truck and after some hours I managed to get it running. I ran through that tank on a box with the wheels off the ground as recommended but when I wanted used the throttle the engine stopped. Today it's really hard to start. I removed the the air filter to when how big the gap was there at the place you can change with the idle screw. I think I changed it a little (about 1.2mm) but when I started the truck again it ran at very high RPM.s! I set the screw back a little so that it wouldn't but now it won't start. So when it starts and I want to press the throttle, it stops and now I cannot even start it.

Sorry if I'm "spamming" this since I've told some of you guys already, but I'm just trying to get my Savage running!

Thanks in advance,
Nisse!

is your throttle trim on your radio possibly turned up a bit? this will cause it to rev higher.i turn mine up a bit while starting then turn it down till it isnt making a difference to the revs anymore once its running, other then that I'm not sure what it could be.. someone here will be able to help more I'm sure so good luck!!

Members online

Back