Stainless Steel Break Rub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparc

I lost my breaks the other day around the 1/2 gallon mark. This is what I found.

The outer disk has a rolled edge from hitting the CB but only on 1 side of the disk... which to me means that it was not perfectly rounded or the hole for the hub was offset just a slight amount .5mm or so.

I finally lost the breaks due to the rolled edge ripping the pad off the caliper.

The damage to the CB.

The engine mount is not bent in any way.

I ordered the fiber break kit (from SMF) and hopefully this solves all the issues as well as giving me some breaks that don't suck. I will post back when they are installed and working.

I noticed a huge improvement in braking when I changed my servo to the hpi SF-2 instead of the SF-1. The truck was doing perfect 45 degree endos whenever I slammed the brakes but didn't quite have the momentum the roll all the way over. It might have though if I tried from a higher speed. That was with the stock dual red disc setup on an XL.

It would endo with this setup before it got too hot and started to fade. It would actually cartwheel 4-5 times if you were going too fast. Hopefully the fiber breaks fixes the fade and the rub.

Latest posts

Members online

Back