spurrs wheelie bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucksavage

i just had dealings with mark at mdf spurrs and i wanted to say what a class act this guy is. i made things hard on him by ordering from canada but shipping to the states and it was no problem at all. i do not know if he is an affiliate because i cannot open that link, but i definitely recommend anyone to use him if looking for wheelie bars.

He is a great guy, and makes some really good wheelie bars. He is very prompt and is always willing to help you out when you need parts for his bars.

he 's awesome.... i irun his bars on ALL my savages and even the old (gasp!) Tmaxx i had. Mark is a class act....and whoever wants one....make sure to tell him Matt and James sent ya!!!

he 's awesome.... i irun his bars on ALL my savages and even the old (gasp!) Tmaxx i had. Mark is a class act....and whoever wants one....make sure to tell him Matt and James sent ya!!!

i told him i was from this site and he cut me a deal when i bought 4 of them

I used to run this wheelie bar on my truck,
I have to say that I bent it everytime I took my truck out for a bash, It works realy well for racing around in parking lots but IMO it is not much good for bashing, I had to straighten it out a fair few times and now I have gone back to the HPI wheelie bar..Looks realy nice tho :eek:)

Sorry for the negitive comments, just sharing my experiance with this wheelie bar.

welll....everyone has an opinion. i've had nothing but good experiences from mine......

yea....he is also the coolest guy you will probably ever meet. he site is about on the way to be finished......i'll post a link when it's up!

The only problem I have had with them is the screws for the wheels keep bending. I have not had any really problems with them, whether I am racing or bashing with it installed.

The spur bars that I have seen in action have been weak from the wheels bending and locking up to the actual arms bending.

Check out this SICK new Integy EVO-4 wheelie bar. Easy to use and install or uninstall. 100% Heavy Duty!! Make sure you use locktite when you assemble. And ONLY $31.99!!! $7 more and 50 times stronger and will last forever verses the Spurs!!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUUV4&P=7

I will never trust another Integy wheelie bar again. I had their first version and it bent on the first wheelie. From the link you posted it looks like there is much less support on the bend between the skid and the wheel, and definitely looks like it will bend. Looks nice, but I'll pass.

Shame for the plug... a polished turd is still a turd. Integy is for 10th scale. Not much they have holds up to a savage. Much worse a savage that is used for what it was built for. Anything alloy on the front or rear of a savage WILL get bent. Nothing you can do about it other than not run it. That spurs bar does look nice though! Id never try anything not plastic.

Matt you should get paid for your truck pics on his site...

i agree totally Bank and thanks.....Mark is a cool guy......i ran these wheelie bars all in the finals and they have done me right......all the guys that were at the finals last year saw what they do. i don't bash with em...... i race wit em. Mark is very generous with my pics!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stick with my 2 wheel wheelie bar myself. Sure a bent screw here or there, but that just means your having fun with the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back