spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

my spur gear has started to wobble when i spin it with my finger. i have a hpi metal spur gear (49 teeth).it hasent always been like this. the slipper clutch also wobbles (the bit behinded the spur gear). yesterday i had a screw lose and it rubbed against the clutch bell and caused sparks (if that has any thing to do about it).could somthing be bent if so what? any clues to look for?
thanks 4x4

the shaft that the spur gear is on could be bent. I know Megabyteme when we swapped he had a bent shaft that the spur gear is on and he kept his and all. Anyways just take a look at that sahft and if it is bent maybt put it in a vice and tap the bend out.

if it is bent wouldent it be hard to turn as one side would be corect mesh and the other side would be the wrong mesh as the bent shaft would push the spur gear in to the clutch bell.
tell me if I'm right or wrong
thanks 4x4

well your right but then i think you could also be wrong. It might havve a correct mesh in one are then it could get really loose in another area. also correct me if I am wrong

i see what you mean. should i just take the spur gear off or do i have to take all the gear box out?

I don't know. Do you have the X or the 25?? If you have the X tranny case you can just unscrew the few screws on top of the tranny case and open the tranny up but if you have the 25 then you will need to remove 1 TVP and remove the tranny and then take the tranny apart.

i have the ss so its the same as the 25.
thanks for all the help ill keep you posted
4x4

Latest posts

Members online

Back