spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar390

i just killed the spur gear. Does this mean that my hole engine moved and now i have to put it back in the correct place. My second question is i heard these were easy to ruin so I'm gonna by a couple of them wich one should i get the regular stock one or one with more or less teeth thanks fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I use the stock plastick 49T and keep one around for spair as you can go threw them. Yes either the engine moved, your gear mesh ws off just enought, or it got hot and melted and stripped.

I stay stock plastic so there is a cheap weak link.

You may want to look at the spur gear that GH Hobbies makes for the savage. Its similar to the integy gear but its MUCH stronger and its allot less money than the robinson spur gear. I have it in my savy and haven't been able to break it. If you cant find that one the get the factory upgrade steel one made by hpi. Any of these will save you allot of headachs. Trust me I know first hand how easy the plastic ones break.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the truck?

A batch of 4.6X RTR's got out with improper mesh from the mfr.
If it is indeed a 4.6, all you have to do to replace the spur is to remove the top of the tranny, but you still need to "move the engine to ensure proper mesh.

P.S. Crash, 2nd link no worky!

Moto is correct once again! Cougar, when I'm out bashing and my truck does cartwheels, or any other good wreck, I always check the gear mesh real quick. Be careful, I've burned myself a few times, but it's better then going home early.

You can also remove the 4 cap head screw bolting the engine to the mount instead of going from the bottom. You have to be replacing the spur with the same size though. Just recheck the lash after everything is back in place. If you have a ball tip allen head nut driver it will go much faster also.

Latest posts

Members online

Back