spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Addie

The the other day I was running my X4.6 and I lost my brakes!! So I pulled it apart and fixed it but the little brass piston that sits in a little hole fell out while trying to do the repair, I had to remove the engine to get it back in and I was in a rush and in my own stupidity for rushing I didn’t mesh my CB and spur properly because when I got it all back and test drove it the plastic spur stripped on me. So with all of that said Does anyone have a source for me to buy a 47T and a 49T spur gears in plastic or nylon (or whatever the stock plastic material is). People in eBay are selling them for 28-38 dollars which is insane!! I like to keep it plastic because it’s an easy to repair point of failure and cheap (well I guess not anymore lol), but I was buying them from my local hobby shop for about 8 bucks a piece. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 9FA43C68-7C24-42E6-BD79-DC7D9C20D493.png
    9FA43C68-7C24-42E6-BD79-DC7D9C20D493.png
    272.1 KB · Views: 3
  • BEDE3311-0E29-4852-ABA7-40994744AF7B.png
    BEDE3311-0E29-4852-ABA7-40994744AF7B.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 3
Take it your LHS has none in stock & can’t get anytime soon, couple of my LHS have them but not much good to you this side of the pond!

Take it your LHS has none in stock & can’t get anytime soon, couple of my LHS have them but not much good to you this side of the pond!
Yeah both hobby shops in my area are totally out. I’m afraid to use a metal one cause I’d rather have a plastic spur as a weak link on the drive train cause it’s easy to change out

Each to there own on preference of s/gear, but personally I have always used a plastic s/gear & apart from going through a few in very beginning with not getting mesh correct or not doing something up properly again I now fit & forget them!
I prefer to have a weak link on drive train also so if c/bell gives out with bearings or a stone gets wedged somewhere there’s a weak link in place!

Latest posts

Members online

Back