spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1977

Hi newbie here. I got a savage xl looking for a spur gear the one that's on at moment got 4 lugs on back which thin plate sits in the the slipper then alloy plate. The only one I can find is with the slipper attached straight to spur any help.would be great
another question would anyone beable to tell me wot model I got from the engine number or size.
cheers
rob

Cheers for quick reply the engine says ex on one side 28 c on other.
Is that a decent engine do it point to sought of hpi ? Post some pics up later
cheers

Are the tooth spacing on 47 49 & 52 spur gear the same? At moment I'm running a 47/15 ratio people say it could be to loose but it seems a good mesh with the paper method. Should it be ok.
Cheers

Yes the teeth spacing are the same on tube spurs ..just have to slide the motor for the right mesh.. hard to explain the feel of a good mesh.. to tight it will feel like it's rubbing or grinding ..to lose it will feel like there's no resistance and the teeth are barely touching each other.. just picture it in your head the teeth running together nice and smooth with Mac
Maximum bite on each other with out making friction ..best I can explain what it feels like.. to tight will eat it up to lose will do the same..

Latest posts

Members online

Back