Spur gear stripped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexpert81

My plastic spur gear just melted i run it through the grass and other stuff so I guess it gets hot I was looking at a metal one from hpi and a racing cb is this my best option for a fix. The 2 part #'s are 77127 sg and 77107 cb

Thanks Dave

I noticed that my slipper clutch pad was roasting when I was running it through some thick grass. I'd imagine that was probably what did your SG in.

I never even ran my truck with the stock SG and CB. I went straight to HPI's metal 47t SG and 18t CB. The ratio gives you a bit of an upper hand against the stock gearing. At top end mine pulls away from my buddie's savy, who's still running stock. But you still have enough power to get the front end fully off the ground from a stand still.

Check MotoPsycho's post on the gearing to figure out exactly the gearing ratio you're looking for. https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3867

So the sg and the cb are metal i was thinking i try the racing cb first and see if that helps. What is the easyist way to replace the sg and cb

So the sg and the cb are metal i was thinking i try the racing cb first and see if that helps. What is the easyist way to replace the sg and cb

just take the engine out. i just roasted mine last weekend and swapped out the spur gear and clutch bell with no problems. if you use a metal spur gear hpi recommends using a racing clutch bell. while i had the engine out i took the time to seal it up good to make sure i didn't have any air leaks, there's a great "how-to" post on sealing up your engine somewhere around here.

i would stick with plastic just because it is a good weak point. i have run plastic on my savages since my savage 21 and only messed up one but that was my fault (bad mesh) but if the mesh is setup good these plastic ones will last forever. you should buy another plastic and try again but make sure your engine plate is not bent or cracked and check your mesh.

I put in the racing cb in and a new plastic sg this weekend and it ran good for a while untill we did some big hill climbs them it would not move the slipper pad was smoked and the center hole where the metal bushing goes in was melted it got really hot has anyone had this prob with hill climbing this was a pretty big hill i just think it was to much for it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back