spur gear Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X25

it's all good
I Bought a steel spur off of ebay. I know yall don't like steel but i have good luck with them) I recived what they call a stock steel spur gear off a savy ss. The problem i see with it is that is is half as thick as the hpi steel spur that i have now. To me that is not a good thing when it comes to the footprint mesh from a thicker cb gear and a thinner spur gear. this screams to me that it will not be as durable as the thicker steel gear that hpi makes. Any comments to what you think of this please feel free to express them. I even asked the people if they might have sent the wrong gear. The way they are talking i think things may get heated if they don't make it right. If this happens then i will share who the store was that i bought it off of

Is THIS what it looks like? if so that is what I got on my stock X SS kit and it is very thin, maybe half as thick as the HPI plastic spurs. It worked fine for me for many gallons.

Yea X it's supposed to be that thin. You will find with most buggy and truggy steel spurs are identical. I have never had an issue with them and would prefer it to be narrow on steel incase you get a little wobble it will not bind as much. Plus it reduces the weight of rolling mass greatly making it rev like a plastic but still be bulletproof.

thank you guys for helping me before i made an a$$ out ofmy self. +rep X blaze i would have given you rep but it says i cant. So thank you for your help

Latest posts

Members online

Back