spur gear nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

my spur gear nut keeps backing off when the engine starts getting warm. anyone know of anything i can do to prevent this? would a little bit of blue loc-tite be ok?

alot of people replace them every time they change the spur...the ny-lock in it wears quickly and should probably be replaced if it's backing off...

ye mine did that and i just bought a new one. as komodo67 said the ny-lock in it wears quickly.
hope thiss helps
4x4

I'm gonna try that once i can get my hands on some regular 4mm nuts. i'll let u know how it goes.

the weird thing now the nut won't come off anymore. I'm gonna keep going til the nut backs off then do the mod. i was running it a while ago and was running it pretty hard still nothing came off woohoo. only reason i stopped is cause its so muggy out it made the truck very lean and hot so i called it a night.

Grab a set of needle-nose pliars and grip the nut.

While pulling the nut towards the front of the truck, spin the spur gear's aluminum disk clock-wise, if your looking at from the truck's front view.

It should come off.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know how to take it off I'm meaning when I'm driving right now it isn't spinning off like before.

Hey, I just though you stripped it and couldn't get it off. So its working now. Cool.

Just tryiny to be helpful. Good luck with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back