Spur gear/clutch bell combo for 7.7 tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchan420

I recently purchased a truckzilla sport package with 7.7 tires on 40 series rims. My Savage has plenty of power from its Xtm 457, but I have had problems finding the right gear combo. Currently I am running 14/52 any sugestions?

When you say you are having trouble finding the right gearing....are you saying you have tried other gearings? It is a pretty open ended question, do you want more wheelies, less wheelies, more low end, less low end, more top end, less top end? See what I mean? Tell us what you are trying to achieve then we can help. Just so you know I run and Axial .28 with a 18/49 and it is great. My dad has an XTM 457 with a 18/49 and i think it has way too much low end. Without knowing anything about what you want to do and your truck I say do a 19-20/49 gearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when I was running 16/49 I got fed up with non stop wheelies, with the 14/52 it seems like a little to much low end. I just want to bash, not terribly worried about top speed.

Well, when I was running 16/49 I got fed up with non stop wheelies, with the 14/52 it seems like a little to much low end. I just want to bash, not terribly worried about top speed.

I would lower your spur to 49 for starters, a plastic spur is good because they are cheap and easier to change then cb's.

i find 17/49 good, with the 3 speed. 18/49 was a bit too much for nice quick starts. stil wheelies with both when warmed up tho...

Latest posts

Members online

Back