spur combos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodesta

can u run a 18/47, and 14/52 is so which 1

not sure on the 14/52 but i do run the 18/47 it has alot of top end but you lose your low end so it all depends on what you are looking for and what motor you are running. I know this gose against everything i preach but it also depends on weight. if you are running heacy wheels and tires or anything like that i wound not suggest the 18/47 combo cause it will be hell on your clutches trying to take off with that hight of a gear with the wieght. just my two cents take it for what it is worth to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently running the 18/47 just put it in 2day and damn its fast but no more wheelies i seen a 14/52 rrp combo (steel) for like 15 bucks

4.1 the stock in the x

Not saying that it aint tuned right but my 4.1 with the 18/47 combo pulls wheelies and it was doing it on the road today wich was a first. Just don't take what i said as an insault.

umm mayb i should tighten my slipper anyway is the 18/47 made for off road or on road

I would get a 52 spur and use the 18 cb

47/18 = ratio 2.61 too high (for me)
52/18 = ratio 2.88 just rite (for me)
52/14 = ratio 3.71 too low (for me)

not to offend just my opinion.

I would get a 52 spur and use the 18 cb

47/18 = ratio 2.61 too high (for me)
52/18 = ratio 2.88 just rite (for me)
52/14 = ratio 3.71 too low (for me)

not to offend just my opinion.

Thank you for the input crash.. Get info and great job breaking it down. You get an A for the day lol

well lets make it easy,

divide your spur into your cb and you get the ratio

the lower the ratio the less torque, more speed

the higher the ratio the more torque more wheelies

you have to be careful, not ever motor can rev at the same rate, If you gear it too low and run it hard you could damage the mill. (reving too high)

here is a link https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3076

Latest posts

Members online

Back