Spektrum DX3R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baronie

Dunno if this is a repost but this thing is sweet:cool:

Features:
- 30 model memory
- Digital trims
- Graphically depicted exponential
- Graphically depicted travel adjustment
- Trim rate adjustment
- Steering dual rate
- Steering dual rate override
- Frame rate
- Servo monitor
- Switch assignment
- Model reset
- Model copy
- Sub Trims
- 3 timer functions: countdown, count up

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks wicked. However it looks almost like the Nomadio Sensor which is prob the best specktrum radio out. Whats the cost for it? The Nomadio with everything runs around $380 at Slap Ma Fro. Nomadio comes with a speed sensor , temp sensor, connects to your comp. via USB cable change layout upload info real time telemetry. The radio updates itself to the car 100 times per second. Anyway this might be a great comparison between the 2 radios. If I had the cash I'd still get the Nomadio over anything that is availble just because of who they are and how they came about. There site is very impessive. That's a great looking radio grab the best price you can find and links that give the complete low down and let's run an open discussion on this the Spectrum Stand-Off

SpectrumRC

Nomadio Web site

nom100.jpg

Yes, that new Spektrum is one sweet radio. I may replace my M11 with one when they come out.

I have been thinking of replacing my standard savage radio with a dx3.0. After seeing these though I don't know whether to wait or not. I may have to whether i want to or not <insert smiley with empty pockets here>.

]-[0pa]0ng;20673 said:
Looks wicked. However it looks almost like the Nomadio Sensor which is prob the best specktrum radio out. Whats the cost for it? The Nomadio with everything runs around $380 at Slap Ma Fro. Nomadio comes with a speed sensor , temp sensor, connects to your comp. via USB cable change layout upload info real time telemetry. The radio updates itself to the car 100 times per second. Anyway this might be a great comparison between the 2 radios. If I had the cash I'd still get the Nomadio over anything that is availble just because of who they are and how they came about. There site is very impessive. That's a great looking radio grab the best price you can find and links that give the complete low down and let's run an open discussion on this the Spectrum Stand-Off

SpectrumRC

Nomadio Web site

nom100.jpg

Hi,

this is the raido I would like to get. It is hard to spend that much on a radio, but it would be really nick to have the temp and even the speed and voltage readings all the time.

Couple of things I am wondering about, Does anybody have one of these or seen anyone with a savage using them? I am kind of wondering about the size of the RX (I guess it is actually a RX/TX) I actually know the size
its.
This is the RX or rx/tx
Dimensions (cm): 46x29x14 mm
Weight: 14.6 g (including antenna)
Antenna length: 22.8 cm
Antenna thickness: 1.8mm

So it looks a bit large, I think it will fit ok but all the wires and connectors are really going to be tight, I think, also I am wondering if the temp sensor and speed sensor wires will reach ok.

I am also curious about the accuracy of the sensors. I am about 50% talked myself into buying one, I am thinking the price, which is about $200 more than the other 2.4ghz I ve looked at, would be justified if the temp monitor save's even one motor, espeically if it's a nice one like a sts or any of the motors even more so if it is a modded one.

Also, I hate to buy a different radio system then later want one of these for some reason. (See I am trying to talk myself into it)

If I do get one I will do a review on it for you guys.

John

Have you checked out the nomadio react. I'm pretty sure the features are the same other then the screen is a bit smaller and it isn't reversible for lefties. The rx is big but there are ways to mount it. The best way would be scrap the receiver box and do a mid tank mod. Not the easiest but definitely the best.

Hi,

Thanks,

I saw the react but didn't think that it had the sensors, Ill have to look again.

The mid tank mod, Ive been seeing it in different threads and wondered about it but haven't investigated on it yet. What's the advantage with it? It looks like the gas tank would be a lot more sturdy and the weight would be a bit better balanced with a full tank of fuel anyway, but to me , and Ive only seen where the throttle servo goes not the steering or reverse servo, it seems the electronics are not as well protected from the elements. I guess the steering and reverse servo have to stay where they are. I agree the gas tank dosen't seem like it is very sturdy where it is.

Ill look into it more, thanks's for the suggestion.

John

I have seen people put the receiver in the location the battery goes. then cable tie the hump pack to the front of the shock tower. It makes a lot more space inside the receiver box doing it that way.

i want one but you cant get them in australia yet stop all of you your making me jelous they said they would be in the start of last month an I'm still waiting

I have seen people put the receiver in the location the battery goes. then cable tie the hump pack to the front of the shock tower. It makes a lot more space inside the receiver box doing it that way.

Thanks, I wouldn't like that too much, I wish hey made that radio box just a bit taller. I guess might be able to fit it by removing the rx from it's case, wouldn't like that much either. Ill have to measure the rx I have in there and see how tall it is.

Thanks,

John

Latest posts

Members online

Back