Spektrum DX2E Servo Compatibility Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutshot

I just picked up a Spektrum DX2E and was wondering will any of the better digital metal gear servos work with this radio? Also, both steering and throttle servo recommendations would be welcomed. I'm just a weekender with my Savage X, no competitive racing.

Thanks!

ANY servo will work with that radio system , i have been using 996 MG servos I get off e bay.... any servo with at least 200 ozin will work for throttle and steering if you are not into racing....

I run a spektrum on all my trucks and I use a myriad of servos.
hitec 985MG
hitec 5985MG
Savox 0231MG
Traxxas 2075
JR HS-7955TG
Hitec HS-646WP

I can't recall what's on my savage x for steering, a high torque JR I've had for many years. For throttle/brake, I like the hitec 985MG. It's pretty fast, high torque and sealed with o-rings including the output shaft. Lasts many years. It was replaced with the 5985MG a while back and the 7985MG currently. I have yet to have one of my 985's die on me. Probably had a couple for nearly a decade. I run one on my brushless revo for steering, one for both steering and t/b on my big block revo, t/b on my other revo and t/b on my X. Has been a good servo for me.

[
I can't recall what's on my savage x for steering, a high torque JR I've had for many years. For throttle/brake, I like the hitec 985MG. It's pretty fast, high torque and sealed with o-rings including the output shaft. Lasts many years. It was replaced with the 5985MG a while back and the 7985MG currently. I have yet to have one of my 985's die on me. Probably had a couple for nearly a decade. I run one on my brushless revo for steering, one for both steering and t/b on my big block revo, t/b on my other revo and t/b on my X. Has been a good servo for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info olds97_lss, I certainly will consider one of the 985's for the throttle. Bringing an old X back from the dust bin and I want the electronics and servos to be better than average before I turn to new shocks (from 8 to 4) among other improvements. When I bought it some 10yrs ago used it came with junk components and servos that are weaker than the stock units.

Latest posts

Members online

Back