Spektrum Backup Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeyers2

Good Morning Everybody.... Just got a Spectrum 3.0. My question is this... I am using Nickel Hydride batterys and will be taking them out of the radio overnight for charging. Will that run down the backup battery in the radio or will it still last 5 years as the manual states? TIA !!!! Have a Super Day.

I believe the internal battery is only there to retain your stored settings, so it "shouldn't" matter whether you remove the rechargables or not...

i haven't had an issue with mine, as komo said, it's there to provide power to the onboard memory chip, so i don't see it being a problem. could always use the charge port...?

I could charge in the radio... Hobby Store said they heat up (Nickel Hydride)pretty good... might be better to remove them.. ideas ?????

i know my NiMH do, but that's when i use my 15 min charger! i shouldn't have thought it'd be an issue. if ya worried, remove the battery cover to allow em to dissipate a bit of heat. remember the spekky uses a back to front charge plug, negative in the centre, if i remember right. it's in the manual somewhere

Thanks!

Thanks for all your responses.... Forums are the best !

I recieved a speedy reply from Spektrum... thought it was very informative... here goes...

Steve thanks for your email. The internal lithium backup battery will
not deplete itself if you remove the NiMH batteries from your radio
overnight. It would take storing the radio without power for a very long
time (5 years) for this to happen.

I hope you find this information useful, if you have any further
questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via email or phone.

Thanks!

Joe

Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby
4105 Fieldstone Rd.
Champaign, IL 61822

Latest posts

Members online

Back