Spectrum Vs. Futaba FIGHT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotiq

I - AM - HYPNOTIQ
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Futaba+&word2=Spectrum+

Looks like specy wins... :dark:

Really.. which radio and why..

6.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked up a dx 3.0 and the only reason why was there was nothing else out and i couldnt go wrong for what i payed for a 2.4ghz radio and two rxs. but really if the futaba was out at the time i was buying i probably would of got it due to a few things.
but for now my dx3.0 works for me trouble free no glitches no lost of signal and i go as far as i can see my truck lol

Last edited by a moderator:
5.4 Ghz, WOW that thing must be awesome LOL. JK, yeah it really comes down to getting the job done. As long as something works for you, it was a good purchase.

I've had futuba's for as long as i can remember, i love my 3PK, wouldn't trade it for anything. Then Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, whatever makes you happy!!

i own <and love> the Futaba 3PM. i cant say that a Futaba product is superior over a Speky product in the same class/catagory.

But

at the time i was buying, the DX3R was $100.00 less than my 3PM. I would not own a DX3S.

While I love the DX3R, I couldnt justify spending $100 more because its technology is overkill for how i would ever use it.

As far as the reasons I chose the 3PM over the DX3S? Can't remember all of them now, but the 3PM has 10 Model memory vs DX3S 4 & the 3PM holds more AA batteries (which have lasted me over a year).

i like the spectrum. futaba has too many bells and whistles for me

well i have only used my speky once but i have to agree with sudi, i like the feel of it and the customizable handle so that it fits right. having the reciever voltage displayed on the tx is awesome too

After hearing lots of spek complaints at baja forum and Robins problems with his, I got the 4PK Futaba. Awesome radio. range is as far as you can see. Speed is incredible.

I have grown up Futaba and will always be FUTABA. Never a problem and always have been satisfied. I run 2 2.4ghz 3PM's and both have 4 to 5 different trucks on them.

I have heard to many Specky issue to try them however there are more of them out there especially in the 2.4ghz. They all both are great radios.

PS>I hate all factory radios and am excluding all Factory Futaba radios out there. The upgrade to 2.4ghz and digital radio is the only way to go. Well worth the extra money which ever way you go.

Well I don't have my forum stripes yet but for what it is worth I like the specky. I have a dx3r. Most digital controllers take me about 2-3 months to figure out all the functions. My dx3r only took 1 month. I like the ease of set-up with mine.

I did Futaba and Spektrum separate on google fights versus Airtronics and they both got higher numbers than Airtronics but the graph still didn't show higher. ???

Doesn't this little gauge/scale thingy only record how many "hits" on a particular item, I'm sure it's not a review meter of any sort. I have a spectrum DX3S, it only seems to work with old receivers. One day I will try the 4PK.

Doesn't this little gauge/scale thingy only record how many "hits" on a particular item, I'm sure it's not a review meter of any sort. I have a spectrum DX3S, it only seems to work with old receivers. One day I will try the 4PK.

Yes I think thats why airtronics won, because he was searching for things with futaba and spektrum in it, vs. airtronics. But when you fight them individually either futaba or spektrum wins over airtronics by a large margin.

Just because it's gets more hits doesn't mean it's better. I did a SC and HPISF fight.....unfortunately we lost...

I ran Spektrums for a while now but I just bought a futaba 3pm-X to use with my baja. I'll update to which one i prefer later.

I run a Tactic 2.4ghz setup. and i have 2 say for a very simple NO bells and whistles at all radio. its awesome. But i will prob upgrade to a futuba(for the savy) in the future and put the tactic to my RS3 EVO+. IMO i like the futuba more jus from using other peoples.

Members online

No members online now.
Back