Specs behind my RC10GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

Just figured I'd make a post about my RC10GT I own, maybe someone can help with it as well.

First, I have all the RPM gear it can have including, A-Arms, Radio Box, Bulkheads, and the antenna plate.

I have a tuned AE pipe, and a TRX.15 pro on it. Reason it has a motor from Traxxas on it, I can port the crap out of it, and mod the cylinder however much I want, since (when I bought it) I could by a total engine rebuild kit for 23 bucks. I finally got it running good that way to. It is a factory team model, and it is pretty well indestructible. Well, it was.. Here's the story.

I was out bashing with my friend one day, and I hit this jump I always hit. It's only about 3 feet high and about 30 degree incline. Nice launcher, gets about 15 foot of distance, depending on how hard you hit it. Well I landed it, the battery pack literally exploded, and boom. She went awol. By the time I stopped her, she had already pretty much ripped my spur gear into shreds.

Now, I replaced the spur gear, and it seemed like all was fine. I started her up, got everything working, and went to take off, and nothing. I pushed it foward, and it moves? I hammered it, only to watch my spur gear get chewed again. Come to find out, I stripped both the idler and secondary drive gear in the transmission. Also smoked the diff (for the upteen millionth time). Ever since that day, I can't keep a tranny in the thing without either burning the diff up, or smoking a slipper, or I've even ripped the wheel hubs out... I figure it's just cause she's old and tired.. lol

I need to find a tranny, a driveline, and wheels.. I don't have much to spend on it, as I'm quite strapped, specially with college not being 100% funded. Would MIP CVT's be worth the hassle? And where can I get a new tranny?

I want to fix this thing up, and get my cousin into the RC playing field. He's never owned one, and I figure he could have hours of enjoyment out of it. I know the way it's setup currently, it'll burn my Savage, so it's strong. Just gotta find a drivetrain that can handle the power that I am trying to deliver the wheels.

Just so you know, I've already tried a full set of AE parts, from the complete tranny and driveline, just to end up ripping it apart and finding burnt diff plates, stripped wheels, broke wheel pins.... I even burnt my MIP 2plate clutch :(. Maybe someone here can give me a hint.

It's just the power output of the motor. After 6 cylinders, I've perfected the porting, and I have a few other mods, such as a thick head gasket, higher flow carb.. ladee daa, you get the idea.. Just won't hold all the power. The first tranny I smoked actually cracked the left housing.. sucked, 32 bucks for the housings alone? Bah.. I saw the aluminum trannies, but I doubt that'll help at all. I need some high carbon gears, and maybe a different style differential? CVT's? I'm lost lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back