Special tools for flywheel and clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tert

I am about to change my flywheel and clutch on my HPI 4.6 engine. Do any need any special tools for this?

I am about to change my flywheel and clutch on my HPI 4.6 engine. Do any need any special tools for this?

You'll need a piston stopper or use a vice grip instead to hold the flywheel from turning.

HTH

Work inside a clear plastic bag when removing springs, they can fly for miles.
If using a screwdriver, make sure the sharp end is not pointing towards your fingers.

After watching this... I might just buy one of those tools... lol

Makes it so much easier!

I usually just put a small allen in the shoe to hold the spring, then slip it over the post on the flywheel and carefully apply pressure to the shoe while holding the allen and engine... requires like 7 hands to do and a lot of swearing. Then carefully try to pry the leg of the spring over the nose of the flywheel nut (requires more swearing and an occasional stabbing of a screwdriver into my hand). Then repeat 2 more times for 2 more shoes.

I use a small screwdriver I cut a slot in for pushing the shoe springs down, for the flywheel removal I use a terminal puller for a 12v battery, works perfect...
to tighten down the flywheel I just hold it with a medium sized channellock and tighten the nut with a socket.....

I know I know I am cheap old redneck but why mess with success.... :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Back