South East England - UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeper341

King of England
HI,
Are there any UK savage owners here (apart from me)?

If so post here!!

I'm down in Battle, East Sussex - any one near by who wants a bash let me know! Its lonely being the only Brit posting in the forum lol!

:rolleyes:

I'm not one of them, but there are a handful of others here from the uk, and i'm sure they will make their presence known. Just wanted to be one of the first to say welcome!

Hi there Sleeper, I'm from the uk. Purfleet Essex to be precise. Got a few mates that have got savages and t'maxx's to go bashing with. I know what you mean though, it's all american on here lol. Learn a lot of stuff though, its cool. Everyone is nice and helpful.
Have you not got anyone to bash with then?

Cheers Hawkeye.

Hi Matt, I've not even built my Savage yet, My wife won't let me touch it till my birthday in 2 weeks :confused:

As for people to bash with, i don't know of anyone wher i live than runs a decent RC truck - and have seen no signs of any nitro's running about. I do have a friend with an FG monster truck so will get the chance to bash with him, but he'll stomp all over my k4.6!

Got any tips for me while I'm building my savage? I've been building RC models since i was 10 but all electric (i have 4 cars and 4 boats and a glider) but never built or run a Nitro before. I could really do with someone telling me things i should be checking while building etc so i don't end up finishing it, it not working and then me kicking 10 tons of cr*p out of it because i can't use it!!!

Thanks

Is the FG a petrol truck?
Well to be honest I've never built a truck from scratch. Mine are both RTR's. Also the k4.6 is a different engine to mine, its more powerful for a start. I'd build it as shown and then replace parts that seem weak or that break. Everyone has different problems but I don't know what the common problems are. Although I'm sure you can find out on here.
I bet you can't wait for the 2 weeks to pass! When you're sorted we could always meet up somewhere for a bash.

Goodluck

Matt, the FG is a 1/5th scale monster! its just huge. it would eat my savage up and spit it out! my mate drove it over a savage 25 and ripped a wheel off the savage.

The next 2 weeks are gonna drag, then i'll spend all my time building my savage, my wife and kids will leave me and i'll have all the time in the world to go bashing!!

Ha ha. My wife, little girl and work take up all my time so I don't get much spare to work on the trucks but they are so worth the small amount I do get. I'd like to get a k4.6 for my 25. Either that or an sts 28 but I don't know what else I'd need to upgrade or strengthen.

That FG sounds a real MONSTER monster truck! Is it petrol or nitro? Would rather bash with the wifes Ford Ka!!

UK here too

Hi, I'm from Leamington Spa, UK.
I just got my Savage X last weekend. Still breaking it in, so not seen what it can do yet. All I have done to it is put some chrome braiding over the fuel lines (very bling lol!)
Hope to post some pics of it outside when its a bit sunnier and maybe some movies.
Would be cool to meet up somewhere in the Midlands, but it seems a bit quiet for RC around here.

Hi guys,dave from leeds,got my savage 25 a few month ago and out with it as much as poss,usually get my brother to come out with my stadium truck so i have someone to bash with.You might get lucky when you finally go out with it sleeper as the noise will usually draw a crowd,you never know who will be watching.

Matt the FG is petrol rather than nitro.

Glad i posted now, seems all the brits are coming out of the woodwork, lets take over lol!!!!

As for having someone to bash with, well, as you said, the noise will draw a crowd and if none of them have a truck to bash against then maybe i'll just chase the crowd!

Hi I'm from halifax (england) brits are a bit thin on the ground on here. there's not many savage owners around here. i only know one. i have a savage 4.6 with a couple of hopups. and my mates got a 25 special edition with an O.S 30 engine in. too fast!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Leeds, I had a Savage X and I sold it without even opening it. Will be buying another in the next two weeks (hopefully)!!
I'll tell ya when I've got it and maybe we can go for a bash!
Jagsy

you need to be getting an ss 4.6. biggest and best. yeah have to go for a bash sometime. i'll get my mate out with his savage

Hey jagsy where in leeds are you mate,thought i was alone,never see any one else out with rc trucks,where do you take it??

I'm from halifax. mainly take it around there. i can't really get about much cos i've got a broken leg at the mo

I live in moortown, ls 17!
I race mine around golden acre, roundhay and hyde parks!!(been told off a few times)
Most of the time i drive it in leeds university carparks or playing fields!!
Where abouts are you in Leeds, where do you drive and what hobbyshop do you use??
Jagsy

I'm in horsforth,usually take it in the park cos there is good jumps at the top end,or take it on a gravel pitch opposite abbey grange school,mainly use Modelsport in Otley,not a bad shop,or MB Models on selby road at Halton,fairly new shop that stocks a lot of Hpi spares and i pass it every tuesday when at work so if i break something i don't have to wait untill the weekend to get parts.

i'm hopefully gonna take mine up to yeadon bmx track in a couple of weeks. have to get a few of us up there

Thats him,micheal ball,don't know if he sings(am i showing my age???),good bloke,got my spares quick enough,heard about the bmx track at yeadon,always full of bikes and its on other side of lake so make sure you take what you need or its a long walk back to your car,be a blast to get a few savvys up there tho,take over the track.

there's a car park right next to the track. i ride there too. tuesday nights and weekend are the only really busy times. day times its quiet

jimbo said:
...brits are a bit thin on the ground on here. there's not many savage owners around here...

I'm in Essex, Romford to be precise... There's a ton of Savage's round here; all you ever really see round here is Savage's; Revo's and T-Maxx's... IMO the Savage is by far the best all-rounder; especially if you plan to use it rather than dress it in alloy and sit it on your shelf.

I'm 2 months in on this hobby and am totally hooked... 23 and a late starter - But as Carl69 said - I would never have been able to afford to run like I do when I was a few years younger.

yep my savage has had a real battering only thing i've really damage on it are the gears. oh and i bent the TVP's into an L shape when i hit a tree at full pelt

Only front diff damaged on mine,need to try harder,while I'm here how do you get a pic of your trucks for use as avatars,i must look daft having pic of F1 on a savage forum.......!!!

david said:
Only front diff damaged on mine,need to try harder,while I'm here how do you get a pic of your trucks for use as avatars,i must look daft having pic of F1 on a savage forum.......!!!

UserCP -> Edit Avatar...

You need a pic of your truck on your PC that you can upload...120x120px is the max size which you'll need to use a graphics package for to resize... Irfanview is free and very easy to use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back