Soulja's Stock X Plate Mid Tank for RacingRusty w/other Race Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
since rusty is doing my engine for the Beast....i figured i'd make his savage Shagg Nasty!!

for off...the parts
Picture862-1.jpg

these are the wheels he is running....but he is waiting on the tires to come
Picture863-1.jpg

first off...i installed the Racing Suspension Kit, and installed the front and rear HPI Sways
Picture864-1.jpg

while i had the front off the truck...i went on and did the steering mod also
Picture865-1.jpg

the FLM plate has to be cut on these marks for to fit in the stock X TVPs
Picture867-1.jpg

Picture868-1.jpg

Picture870-1.jpg

next i modded the cen battery box for the LED battery indicator
Picture871.jpg

Picture872.jpg

Picture873.jpg

after that i cut a hole in the bottom of the battery box for the servo (which remains in stock location but water tight) and fitted everything together. i dremeled a hole in the box for the serring brace screw..and double sided taped it to the bottom and screwed it also. i had cut the box down and pieced it back together with platic kneading epoxy. the tanks is held in by aluminum mounts..and screws and orings(to lessen vibration) and double sided tape on the bottom of the tank also for shock absorbtion.
Picture875.jpg

next i mad a mount for the servo to move to the rear out of flat aluminum from the hobby shop and mount the servo with flm's servo mounts. i used ofmna linkaks and the stock servo arms/rods but cut them ith a dremel.
Picture877.jpg

Picture879.jpg

Picture881.jpg

next i added the ofna 0860pipe on it and i had an XL pipe spring which fit perfectly
Picture882.jpg

ALLdone!!! time from start to finish...about 3 hours (i knew what i was doing!) now...it back to rusty's. the wheels aill come later....we will update this thread...
Picture884.jpg

Picture885.jpg

Picture886.jpg

Picture887.jpg

Nice work Matt..Is this Rusty frist mid tank? Let us no how he likes it..
:peace:

Nice work Matt..Is this Rusty frist mid tank? Let us no how he likes it..
:peace:

yes sir it is.....it's gonna drive like a whole new truck....especially after he gets the wheels on. he's gonna love it!

yeah, a soulja-worthy build for sure. you got a pic of the inside of that batt box with the servo mounted in it Matt?

you got the hump-pack & Rx in there too? :salute:

Nice build Matt! I've always liked the look of a well done CEN midtank.

Nice clean build you got there. I really like the look of the CEN mod, it looks clean. Keep up the good work. Terry

we will try to post some vids of it running soon.....i don't want him to run it unless i'm there so i can get the O S*** look when he drives it! keep in mind...i did the HPI Suspension kit, HPI swaybars, and mid tank all at once!!!

since Rusty was joking with me when he saw the pics....they aren't my drawers in that one pic.....it was my cleaning rag for cleaning his nasty tail truck when i had it apart!!!

How much would you say it cost you to do the mid-tank mod. I won't be doing the RSC or wheels yet, but I want to do a mid-tank and sways but I haven't set my mind on which mid-tank I want. I'm leaning toward the PRC 250cc OFNA tank mod. I like the look of the CEN box mid-tank to keep everything consolidated inside the TVP's but I also wanted the longer run times of the 250cc tank. Decisions, decisions! LOL.

I am very well satirfied with soulja's work he is the man.... Maybe i'll be able to run it this weekend and get some video.Thank's alot Matt...

The servo plate is only held by the steering posts and looks like "L" brackets in the rear? You didn't use the servo crossbraces?

I'll be swapping some of my "25" stuff to an X pretty soon but didn't want to go back to a regular tank. On the 25 I used the old radio tray cut up with an 125cc tank which is way too small, so I'd like to do somthing alittle differant this time.

Thanks for the info Matt

How much would you say it cost you to do the mid-tank mod. I won't be doing the RSC or wheels yet, but I want to do a mid-tank and sways but I haven't set my mind on which mid-tank I want. I'm leaning toward the PRC 250cc OFNA tank mod. I like the look of the CEN box mid-tank to keep everything consolidated inside the TVP's but I also wanted the longer run times of the 250cc tank. Decisions, decisions! LOL.

about $75 if i am not mistaken....i got all the stuff from SMF

The servo plate is only held by the steering posts and looks like "L" brackets in the rear? You didn't use the servo crossbraces?

I'll be swapping some of my "25" stuff to an X pretty soon but didn't want to go back to a regular tank. On the 25 I used the old radio tray cut up with an 125cc tank which is way too small, so I'd like to do somthing alittle differant this time.

Thanks for the info Matt

you really didnt't need the crossbraces because the steering posts and the one piece bracket that i made in the rear keeps it solid. it's made outta pretty thick aluminum....i tried using the crossbraces on my other truck be they interfered with the front driveshaft because it sits lower. the way i have it saves weight and is a lil stronger than with the grossbraces. the FLM plate is REALY thick....so you won't have to worry about weaken the tructure of the TVPs. here's a better pic i forgot to post
Picture534.jpg

lol....That picture helps alot :)

Good, I'll be able to take a better look at it when I get to tearing it apart.
Thanks again Matt!

Latest posts

Members online

Back