Soulja's New 1/5 Scale project: the Juggernaut!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
well....after seeing Purenitro's Baja......he gave me the inspiration for a 1/5 scale project. now i am a monster truck fan.....i just love em. but the baja had it's limitations just like any other vehicle......i just couldn't do what i whated to do. don't get me wrong....the baja is awesome.....but i want something 4wd! after looking at all the gasser made....i decided i wanted a rampage mt. after looking on ebay......i found one brand new.........the new V3 Rampage with the upgrades....for a little over $500 shipped! i didn't want the Pro...because i just don't believe in a bunch of aluminum crap......so this is what i bought. man.......i makes a savage look like a little 1/16 scale. she's HUGE! what's in it's future? a Zenoah G270 with a free trip down to Canada to Extreme RC Mods!! LOL!! more pics to come...but here she is next to my Savage.

why did i chose the name Juggernaut? well Webster's definition of the Juggernaut is : 2 : a massive inexorable force, campaign, movement, or object that crushes whatever is in its path

so.........any questions?

Picture1103.jpg

Picture1104.jpg

Picture1105.jpg

Picture1106.jpg

Picture1107.jpg

Picture1108.jpg

Picture1109.jpg

Picture1110.jpg

Picture1111.jpg

Picture1112.jpg

Picture1113.jpg

Picture1114.jpg

Picture1115.jpg

That is AWESOME and KILLER! I need to be lucky or search the web more for deals like you. Good find and what is the number of Trucks you have now. You must have an Army Headquarters of truck.:rock1:

That is AWESOME and KILLER! I need to be lucky or search the web more for deals like you. Good find and what is the number of Trucks you have now. You must have an Army Headquarters of truck.:rock1:

:lmao: i only have 3....cause i keep sellin em!! i have one on ebay right now.......believe or not dude........you can buy this exact truck online....remember to get the version 3....for $650. helluva deal.......i'm about to take the motor out of this one and sell it on ebay for cheap so i can get my Zenoah. i did start it today to make sure she fired up and ran okay. this thing her eis about 3 times queiter than my Savage believe it or not!!

ive been wondering when this truck would make a appearance. i love it

i've been talking about it for a year and Robin's vid just made me do it!! :stickpoke:

soulja! THAT IS HUGE! This is unfamiliar territory for me... How good are these trucks??? Are they just as robust and bashable as a savage???
Going to keep an eye on this one!

soulja! THAT IS HUGE! This is unfamiliar territory for me... How good are these trucks??? Are they just as robust and bashable as a savage???
Going to keep an eye on this one!

they are very durable. i am a member of redcatrampageforum and the guys know these trucks....the version 3 has a LOT of upgrades that make these things very durable. a lot of HPI Baja parts can be adapted to them too......you'll see as this thread goes along. here are the stats on this beast....and you'll see the sure heft of it:

Engine: 26cc HY (CY Copy...decent engine)
Length: 29.13 inches (2.42 FT!)
Width: 23.62 inches (1.96 FT!)
Height: 13.71 inches (1.14 FT)
Wheelbase: 20.31 inches
Ground Clearance: 2.96 inches
Net Weight: 33.06 lbs
Gross Weight: 45.19lbs
Double Disc Brakes
Gear Ratio: 12.6:1 (gear ratio IS changeable)
2000mAh Batttery & Charger (Included)
Steering Servo: 317 oz
Steering Servos: Dual 1/4 scale with a total of 949oz!!!!

how come you did go with ddms deal on these guys ?

ddm doesn't have the version 3s yet. plus...i'm gonna run a custom (hehe) pipe and i don't want that ddm dominator. these things are selling like hotcakes right now. i got a steal on a ready to run truck with 2.4g radio and all....all i have to do is fuel it & charge it. i'm selling off the engine (man it's quiet!), radio, and a few more items i don't need.

were else can you get a 1/5 scale 23cc monster truck ready to run for a little over $500 new SHIPPED??? this was cheaper than a FluX!!

not as good as it's gonna......i'm gathering a lotta info from this site, hpibajaforum, redcatrampageforum, and a few other lil sites here and there. this will be planned out good for durability and performance.....like the old saying goes...proper planning prevents poor performance....(is there a word missing in that phrase???? LMAO!!)

If those pictures didnt put things in perspective... those specs definitely did! This this is a BEAST!

What sort of flexibility do you have with engines... obviously your getting rid of this stock one... are you getting a bigger one or are their performance engines of the same size.

What sort of performance are you expecting out of this???

soulja the next one you build you might have to sit on it to drive,great looking see you at the worlds finals <street doc>

What sort of flexibility do you have with engines... obviously your getting rid of this stock one... are you getting a bigger one or are their performance engines of the same size.

What sort of performance are you expecting out of this???

you can pretty much put any engine in it you want.....Robin tells me the Zenoah 4 bolts are some of the best....and i trust his word. he's the man on these 2 strokes.......so i just listen and buy what he thinks i need. he hasn't steered me wrong yet. i am going with the Zenoah G270RC. larger motor......4 bolt head...good platform to make some power. why go with a 30.5cc and you don't have too? i'm pretty confident that this will be a ragin Beast. at first ...not as fast as the Bajas....but a tire and gear change and i'm sure i'll give em a run for the money.

what am i expecting out of this?? well....to be honest......with the changes we have planned.....a 40 lb fifth scaler that will wheelie like it ain't nothing........or something so nasty i can't control it. i'll take either of the two!

soulja the next one you build you might have to sit on it to drive,great looking see you at the worlds finals <street doc>

doc...i might might a wagon for it to pull me just to see if it can!!! LOL!! see ya there.

found a nice bashing vid of the Mt
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eQEErpf28s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eQEErpf28s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

and some more
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaUGJ8a6-cE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaUGJ8a6-cE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

an on road MT build
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJtAJKUJxuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJtAJKUJxuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr9MzDs69e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr9MzDs69e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

OMG don't stand near that thing ....

hey Justin......one of these sounds like a GOOD project for you..........think about it! after this i'm gonna do a brushless truck..........kist to make frddyj happy! LOL!:werd::lmao:

:rock1:

hey Justin......one of these sounds like a GOOD project for you..........think about it! after this i'm gonna do a brushless truck..........kist to make frddyj happy! LOL!:werd::lmao:

:rock1:

Hops baja is on its way here. I may just buy it. Got 2600 bucks you can loan me ?

dude....if i had it .....you're welcome to it. since i bought it now i gott scrape money for the engine, mod, and the finals!

Last edited by a moderator:
well....the Zenoah is on the way to Robin's....BAJAS BEWARE!!! LOL! i need to get with Jason at Platinum RC and see if he can make me some CF stuff for this thing.

good Luck Matt - Hope all this works out for ya. If not I have a baja up for sale - Just high jack your thread - seriously knowing you it will be a beast....

if i had the money i would get it. i'm all into this thing right now.....4wd and 4 wheel braking in the BOMB!! a friend of mine came down with his modified Baja 28cc and jetpro...and believe it or not the MT stayed with him until he got in his midrange! i can turn sharper and leave him in the corners because of the dual steering servos and 4wd. Robin's engine and pipe is gonna make this thing nasty. it would be cool to see a 40lb truck pop a wheelie!!! when i get the engine back we are going to go head to head to see if a modded 27 can run with a 28cc 5 or 10lb lighter buggy. it's gonna be awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back