Soulja's 2010 Project: Half Savage/Half Mad Force...ALL BAD AZZ!!!! (56k Beware!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
hell guys.......here's the new 2010 project other than the tank.....hopefully this will be ready in time for the '10 finals.........i have two that i am trying to get ready in time enuff for. you know i have to be different....so here is this year's attempt....

well.....i have always been more partial to the solid axle trucks..........don't know what it is about em......i think its the scale appearance......yea that's it.....they look more like the real thing. well......the only scale truck that is made that will support the power that i want to put in it is the Kyosho Mad Force/Himoto Beast (both are the same trucks). the trucks have large bearings in the axles......large looks..........these things are a site to behold! the only drawback to me is the fact that they are chain driven......and the three speed is a funky design. they are NO gear choices that you have with these trucks......it's what you have and that's it....no more. so how i can i have the best of both worlds? CROSS BREED!!

so....here's the plan:
1)keep the scale look of the Mad Force
2)make it dependable!
3)it has to be able to handle POWER
4)got to be big!
5)has to be tunable

so....with all those key points in mind.....i went on a parts ordering spree to build my dream truck. speed is always a plus......but not necessary for this one...but i know it's gonna come anyway (ain't it Robin?). well....after searching ebay for a couple of months and being patient......i found a brand spanking new Enslave from a hobby shop in AZ for $250 SHIPPED! WHHOOOOHHOOOOO! it was a display truck that was never ran. i received my truck and here she sits

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

now....to take a good look look at what i'm working with and time to draw out a plane.....parts are on the way.....
here's what the Enslave consists of.....VVVV

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

now....a regular engine can be put in this thing....but you have to cut the crank....and i ain't doing that anymore....especially not to an ECRM Dragg Modded Picco.....so lets move everything forward more towards the center...and let's see how she does. parts list and pics to come soon.....so keep a watch out for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be watching this to see what kinda monster you create Matt!!! I am sure that its going to be BAD TO THE BONE!!! Will a proline body fit on that?:dunno: Would be sweet to see a Blazer body on there painted up like the Virgina Beast!!!!

I will be watching this to see what kinda monster you create Matt!!! I am sure that its going to be BAD TO THE BONE!!! Will a proline body fit on that?:dunno: Would be sweet to see a Blazer body on there painted up like the Virgina Beast!!!!

I agree, a Beast replica body would be sweet!

Is the plan to race it in big block at the wf matt

hopefully.............the Beast is about ready to be mobile.......so i am splitting time between the two.....i hope so. and thanks for the comments guys.

Streching it out with new era

well......sinc emy wife was home tonight i figured i'd worrk on the Mad Force some.....she's gonna be streched a FULL 2".....AND I ACTUALLY FOUND AN 1/8 BODY NO ONE HAS!!! so...let's show you the parts list...
New Era 2" Stretched Sideplates
New Era Extended DogBones (2)
New Era Engine Plate
New Era Wheelie Bar
Picture870.jpg

first i set up the trans on the new thicker engine plate
Picture872.jpg

The i bolted on the sideplates and the roll bar
Picture873.jpg

and viola!!! two inches full stretched with the body trimmed and sitting on her perfect. just to show how much bigger it is than stock....i put the old body beside it
Picture871.jpg

Picture874.jpg

Picture876.jpg

Picture875.jpg

Picture877.jpg

Picture879.jpg

Looking good Matt!!! So i guess the Blazer lid painted like the Virgina Beast is not going to happen...

Looking good Matt!!! So i guess the Blazer lid painted like the Virgina Beast is not going to happen...

naa....to the body would've been way too short to put on it....i have another truck coming though..........

thanks......i might do this body as the military themed body...or i have something "Super" planned.....hint hint...

I see some major potential for this one Matt. At the same time I got to let you know the wheels and shocks are doo doo butter.

yea... i think so too P. i am gonna try to shoehorne som Tmaxx(because they're shorter) shocks on it.i got an Axial .28 i want to try on it.....if i like the way it does i might put my ERCM pipe and PDrag modded Picco on it.

Time for some NEW FEET & SHOES!!

aight guys.......everyone know wheels and tires make the truck......so i figured i'd go for the realistic look.....

parts list:
RC4WD Puller tires (2 pr)
Imex Diamond Wheels (2pr)

Picture009-1.jpg

to start out with....i made a bowl full of soapy water to mount these boys....because the wheel is a little larger than normal for the tire
Picture015-1.jpg

the tires when on the wheels with a little effort. here are the size comparison of the two
Picture014-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

next it was time to mount them on the truck....and when i did....i noticed a HUGE problem....the tire hit the dogg-on shock...,..
Picture018.jpg

but no problem.....i'll just move the shock to the inside mounting hole and that should settle my clearance problems!
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

that makes the truck look more scale......but what about the front and steering??? well...whoever assembled this truck put the arms on upside down....so i had to reverse the left & right and move the shocks in and to a different position to make the truck sit a little higher. i also took the steering rods out because i ordered a more sturdier one from thundertech racing that mounts directly to the axle.....not with all those rods like before.plus it will allow more precise steering and with a lower powered servo.....but i am still using high torque servos..........
Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

AND TH FINISHED PRODUCT!!! these wheels and tires really bring out the realism of the solid axle monster truck. man i love the way this thing looks. so...what do you think now???? more updates to be posted as the parts arrive in the mail.
Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

and before i get comments like "monster trucks don't were those kind of tires".....yes they do! i have the person pic to prove it that i took at Dennis Anderson's shop!! VVVVVVVVVV
Picture826.jpg

Lookin sweeter and sweeter everytime you show more pics of the progress..
Lov the look those tires on there!!!

well its no savage , but cool none the less soulja. one question tho are those plastic pencil thin trailing arms up to the task of crazy power.

i'm thinking of making my own 4 link setup for it.......haven't decided which way imma go......but she'll be piccogirl worthy by the time the egine gets here.
Bank...you a cold dude!:beforeme:

oooooo...had to bust me with the sig, huh? keep it above the belt please!!LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back