Something wrong with the forum the past couple of days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
Tried logging in the past couple of days and it just timed out on me. This forum and rcnitrotalk.com both were inaccessible.

This one seems ok now. Guessing RCNT is as well.

I had the same thing happen yesterday, sounds like the server had issues affecting all the forums at the same time

I do know the "new posts" counter is never right on this forum. It's fine at RCNT, but here, it always seems to show 2 or 3 times the amount of new posts.

The not being able to open the site was new though.

I've had no issues today, or with the new post count. But yesterday night I couldn't get on this site or the ecx site.

I've always seen issues with the post count. Just kind of threw that in there. Like right now, it says 3, but if I open it in a new tab, there's only 1 thread.

possibly there are 3 replies on the same thread, caz it counts em all different thread or not

Sorry for the late reply. I performed a system update and rebooted the server which then caused a disk scan to happen and ultimately get ticked off and caused the server to be offline. All is good now.

The post count counts the amount of replies on each thread not just the amount of new threads.
Yes this is correct - it's counting posts. Not new threads.

Yes this is correct - it's counting posts. Not new threads.

I see. Wondered why it always seemed off. LOL

Another small issue, not sure why, but now I'm seeing this here and at RCTalk.com. I can't see whatever this button is. Been this way for a week or so. Tried clearing all cache and local files, still blank. Using Firefox on W10 Home.

2016-1031-HPISavageForumBlankButton.jpg

Thanks @olds97_lss for the heads up. That's the "Upload a File" button:
upload-a-file.png

It's displaying for me on both the HPISF Lights on and Lights off theme. What operating system and browser are you using and I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Using Firefox 49.0.2 on W10 Home. Works fine on my android phone.

Seems it's firefox only. Chrome, ie11, Edge all work fine.

Last edited:
Thanks @olds97_lss. I'll spin up a Windows 10 machine tonight and take a look. Are you by chance running any add-ons in Firefox?

Yeah... quite a few. I don't use that button, so it doesn't matter to me. I'll make a new FF profile later without any of the extensions and see how it looks then.

I don't use that button, so it doesn't matter to me.
I understand but not everyone speaks up when they come across a bug so those that do I really want to fix it not only for you but anyone else it might be impacting.

Sadly I spun up a Windows 10 Pro machine and downloaded Firefox and both Lights On and Off the button works. :dead:
win10-button.png

Latest posts

Members online

Back