some pics of the junk!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjrb728

I have been on here for a while and thought I'd post a few pix of my latest upgrades

I don't see no junk! Nice truck. Only thing I could suggest is to give it some toe in. other than that it looks perfect. Nice work...

just some run of the mill stuff. twisted toys ext. lcg tvps, rpm arms(hence the jacked up toe angle), integy msr4 or 5's, steering mod, hi-tec high torque steering servo, spektrum dx3, mid-tanked with fastlane servo plate and firestorm battery box, rpm reciever box, 4 gear diffs, rb tm728 w/16 tooth cb, and 48t spur, and probably much more that I can't think of right now. I have been meaning to change to the 0 degree upper arms to help the toe a little, and want to go with the big bores instead of the integy's as they are crap with my style of bashing.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have been in the RC world for at least 8 years and have been using this forum and others to help me with some ideas for mods. I can say that you guys on here have some great ideas and I give you all much respect for the things you can do with a savvy and a little ingenuity. JP-3 pipe and manifold, proline wheels and 40 series bow-ties, are just a few more things I thought of and once again probably more I am not remembering.

Like I said it looks sweet... Your thinking camber BTW and that helps too. Toe is a tie rod adjustment. Its all hard to judge form pics anyways. It could also be how you put it down for the pic... No matter how its set I like it!

You are right about the camber Bank. Thanks for the correction, I never adjusted the tie rods after I took off the other 4 shocks. When I took them off it lowered the stance considerably and I just never got around to re-adjusting them...Thanks for the kind words again.

Welcome to the forum bro....I'm likin' your savage & wondering if a body like that would fit on my hellfire

Here are a few more with the lid off. It has a three speed with high speed third gear also, just somethin else I forgot to mention.

some updates, big bores w/ 30 wt., adjustable toe-links, x-diffs, bulkheads, and shock towers, till I can get some of Larsens LCG towers. Also have new maximizer x-75's with zombies, just waiting on my proline foams. Will update with pics of wheels and tires and possibly a new body very soon.

I am also going to try out Bank's throttle mod, will post pics of all the new upgrades over the weekend if my foams come in. Later HPISF.

I agree there is no junk in those photos. I was hoping to see some Traxxas junk in the pics but I see your no dummy!!! I love that body and the low stance the truck has. Also I would like to welcome you to the forum bro enjoy!!! Happy to see new stuff out there!!

Thanks guys, I may also get either an LRP .28 or an Axial .28RR. My TM728 is having one-way issues and it really needs to be sealed, so I may use one of the above mentioned as a back up strictly basher motor and save the RB. As soon as I get my proline or OFNA molded foams for the zombies I will repost with some updates, oh and I need to get a new wing mount or get a new body, can't decide yet. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

finally got the proline foams and the zombies mounted on the maximizers and got a new desert rat body, now just need to get the new wing mount and decided to pick up a new tm928 and use the tm728 for bashing only instead of the LRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I may also get either an LRP .28 or an Axial .28RR. My TM728 is having one-way issues and it really needs to be sealed, so I may use one of the above mentioned as a back up strictly basher motor and save the RB. As soon as I get my proline or OFNA molded foams for the zombies I will repost with some updates, oh and I need to get a new wing mount or get a new body, can't decide yet. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

just my 02 cents.. if you decision is between the axial and the LRP definately go LRP the axial .28rr's are very prone to one way failure, i've read alot of posts about people not being very happy with them.. another engine alot over look that i have been looking at is the surefire 32 a member here is running one and really likes it!! apparently its a real power house!!!

If you like the Surefire you will like the Axial 32. Some had problems with the Axial's with Air leaks but that was in the past Axial has come a long way I run Axial 32 if you want raw power and crazy tork then go with surefire/Axial 32 if you like speed with crazy wheelies you will love the LRP I have both. Oh just make sure you have a crazy pipe to get the full HP you want stock SUX!Cheers!:beer:

Just a couple of updated pics with my first attempt at spraying my own lid. Just did a single color to get a feel for it. I think it turned out O.K., the next one I do will have some kind of paint mask and will have more than just one color.

That K style body with the wing looks really slick. Nice truck. REP.

Thanks guys, now I am ready to bash the Shizznit out of this thing with all of the latest upgrades it should hold up fairly well now.

Blazer, that is a sweet looking K5 you have there. I am currently looking for one with some coilovers, dana 60's, longarm lifted, locked, and caged, on at least 37's. Probably with some creepy crawlers on some nice trailready beadlocks or something. I hope to find one with an Atlas II and a decently built smallblock with at least 500 HP. If I can find one with all of that already done that would be nice but I doubt it, I like to build my own stuff usually anyway. Like they say real 4x4's are built not bought.:jamout::resp:

Latest posts

Members online

Back