Some build Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvon

So to get up to speed, in the last month I got RSC for my birthday, and now big bores and badlands tires for my savage X from santa. Some questions....

- What weight oil are people using in your big bores?
- Should I belt my tires?
- Maximizer Beadlocks with offset or without?

I would like some pros and cons I guess, I thought I would ask the experts.. Meaning you all.

I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail but I'm going to use 30wt oil. belting your tires is a good idea because it will stop them from ballooning

So to get up to speed, in the last month I got RSC for my birthday, and now big bores and badlands tires for my savage X from santa. Some questions....

I would like some pros and cons I guess, I thought I would ask the experts.. Meaning you all.

I run 30 weight in my big bores.
Belting your tires will keep them balloning
I run the 1/2 offset Maxi's on my savy.The offset makes you truck a little wider which makes it more stable..
Hope this helps you out some drvon..
:peace:

Thanks for the good info so far. The instructions say to use 20wt what would be the difference with using 30wt?

30WT for my bores
I don't belt tires... feel you lose grip with belting.
Not a fan of beadlocks to much work to add all those screws.. lol

don't belt the badlands as they are pretty resistant to ballooning anyways. they have that nice molded foam that resists ballooning. I'm running 25w in my flux bigbores

don't belt the badlands as they are pretty resistant to ballooning anyways. they have that nice molded foam that resists ballooning. I'm running 25w in my flux bigbores

+1 to all this... its my set up too. I also don't use beadlocks don't care for the extra weight

Last edited by a moderator:

all of these come down to personal preference. none are going to harm your savage in anyway.

1. i use 30 wgt in my big bores.
2. i have a set of zombies belted but wont belt others caz it reduces grip (i think, but based on no scientific evidence).
3. i like how offset widens the stance.

again, these are personal preferences..... subject to change without notice.

So local Hobby Shop didn't have 30wt so 25wt is what it will be. Ordered some white beadlocks. I love the look and also re useable as well. I started on the RSC conversion today, very cold in the garage right now. I will post some pics when finished.

Latest posts

Members online

Back