soaked differentials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifftit

I got one of my savages out last week to test new servos. Its was a 50 degree day here in Nort Deekoter and the snow was a melting and there were large puddles all over the yard. its fun running through puddles of water. I did go upto the muddy driveway and that id where i brake-flipped and broke stuff.
Anyway, i hate putting my savages away all muddy, so yesterday i started the cleaning process(dis-assembly, scrubbing) to remove the muck and mud. when i took my differentuals apart, there was water, in both. now i did not run in any puddles deep enough to cover the differential carriers and let water into them so the best that i can come up with is that my skidplates arent sealing up against the bottom differential plate good enough and the water is getting on the back part of the skid and running down the plate and my ring gear is picking it up and splashing it all over the space where the differental assembly sits. If water can get in, so can dirt and dirt is worse than water
anybody else notice having this issue and how did you fix it?

you can put a small bead of silicone across the diff bottom to keep out most junk, don't go crazy with it just a bit and let it setup before installing the lower skid and plate...

Latest posts

Members online

Back