So you want CEN Diffs for your Savage….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunkenMetal

So you want CEN Diffs for your Savage…. The best place to get them is from BlazerX…. I mean yeah you can spend hours Searching for them on EBay, Then you have to bid on them, then wait for them to arrive then, do all the modding and Shimming…

I found out that Blazer does all the work then sells them… And for a very good price you get. Brand new Savage X Bulkheads with CEN Diff’s installed Shimmed and ready to bash. All you gotta do is install them on your Savage…

Just don’t do what I did, I failed to tell him that I have an XL and the Dog Bones are bigger so I have to replace the X Diff outdrives with the XL and reshim, but that isn’t Blazer’s fault…

Here are some pics of what you get from Blazer…..Man these Diffs are Meaty…..

DSC_2288.jpg

DSC_2289.jpg

DSC_2290.jpg

All I can say is Blazer you’re the MAN…………..!

Thanks for the props. As far as prices go, please pm me if seriously interested.
Dave

Sunken, did you do this mod? (I am assuming yes) I should have checked that out the other day.

Sunken, did you do this mod? (I am assuming yes) I should have checked that out the other day.

Acctually I'm in the process of doing it right now. i didnt get the diffs in the mail till the after noon that we bashed. so you can check these bad boys out next time.....

I know right, the Cen diffs are meaty, its like working on a Dana 60, or a Ford 9"...I'm just waiting on my axles in the mail then I'm ready to rock and roll............

Sounds like something I need fo sho!

Wow !! sorry my english poor here but i try to understand... do u mean just get the blazer cen just install directly on savage no need to mod ? ^_^

thx bud... i still stick with stock diff now.. coz i using stock 25engine i think it will handle well with "stock" 4bevel gear..

i really need to goes cen mod when i got change ~~ is the modification complicated ? it look tough at the description ~~ coz my DIY skill suck lol

well if you get them from Blazer its a bolt on... but if you do it yourself it doesnt look to bad just need an .125" drill bit and regular tools....

ic ic i will try...

haha wanna offtopic a while.. i really like the savage X bulkhead

so if i buy directly X bulkhead + tower + the bulkhead holder can it fit instantly ? in my LTD ?

thx bud u save my day i been thinking this problem for years lol ~~ gonna get a x bulkhead and holder also the tower at ebay ...

thx again you :jamout: ROCK !!! :FarleyParty:

I had the bearings collapse in my second savage again so it is getting some new cen diffs very soon. It's also getting the xl out drives and dog bones at the same time.

To convert the old savage to the new diff cases you will also need the front bumper braces and hinge pin brace unless you want to do some dremeling.

have you ran the diffs sunk?

what was a difference in the way the truck runs.

Yep sure have ive run them twice. Just around the house though, Twinkle has been keeping us busy.

I have the XL with the stock 52/16 spur/cb combo so the Ration change improved my top end buy quite a bit...

When i first installed them they were super stiff, but after a few Tanks they feel very smooth...

I haven't been able to get out to my normal bashing spot but when i do get out, ill let ya know how they preform....

I wanna jump in and give Blazer X props as well. I bought a set of CEN diffs from him and they are awesome! I've tried to destroy them just to see what all the hype is about and they held up beautifully. Blazer was real good about making sure I knew what was involved and even gave me the shims to make it happen. You can not go wrong dealing with Blazer, unless you try to stiff him! :cheers:

I wanna jump in and give Blazer X props as well. I bought a set of CEN diffs from him and they are awesome! I've tried to destroy them just to see what all the hype is about and they held up beautifully. Blazer was real good about making sure I knew what was involved and even gave me the shims to make it happen. You can not go wrong dealing with Blazer, unless you try to stiff him! :cheers:

First and foremost....glad to see you back Pmarsh. Thanks for the props as I am a modest fellow. :drunk:

this was a fun mod to get them to work in the savage.

year & a half later, i think we all tried cen diffs & in the end i sold em & went back to stock X diffs.

although the teeth on the ring gear are meatier x10 the pinion teeth are longer/thinner/weaker-by-design than the stock x diffs.

gear ratio just isnt right for a savage, it robbed top end & wheelies from my truck.

conclusion: you can make the biggest-fattest diff gears out there but nothing beats a good/correct shim job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back