So it begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

Here I sit with my savage blown apart to clean it from the neglect of previous owners. And I start looking at it. Now I've already decided to convert it to a flux so I sell my motor and transmission and immediately ordered my new flux hp transmission. Does anyone know what the best gear ratio for this would be and part numbers for the cup joints and other associated parts will be. I ordered the transmission from fleabay it's missing the cup joints and the spur gear. So I need to know if they have a slipper clutch under that and what all of it looks like. I've looked at the exploded view on hpiracing.com and it doesn't make much sense to me at this juncture. Any help will be appreciated

I'm currently running a 16 tooth pinion and 47 tooth spur gear in a converted Savage. It doesn't overheat,and still has plenty of speed.I think outdrive cups on the transmission from a flux HP or a 4.6 woodwork unless you have super heavy duty driveshafts or something.you may be able to keep the drive cups from your nitro transmission, that's what I did.

I have the stock drive shafts from the xl but sent the cups with the transmission without looking first. Just my luck lol

Those are just what I need. I'll be placing an order for them soon

Sounds great. That seems to be what I run across the most part wise. I did get my new transmission and found out I now need the side plates. Rc I'll be placing another order soon.

I just got my battery boxes from @rc4me.US and they're great. Also just got new flux xl chassis plates in and put together. My question is since I ended up with a flux xl hp transmission and now chassis plates it seems the front center doggone maybe too long is this a common issue or will it sort itself out in the end

From that picture it looks too short. Generally, when you lengthen the chassis, the rear dogbone is what needs replaced because the longer tvp’s move the rear bulkhead back. The front doesn’t change. I expect you will need the extended rear dogbone.

I started with a savage xl. I got the flux xl chassis and the rear is the right length but the front is too long as in the picture.
From that picture it looks too short. Generally, when you lengthen the chassis, the rear dogbone is what needs replaced because the longer tvp’s move the rear bulkhead back. The front doesn’t change. I expect you will need the extended rear dogbone.
I used a savage xl 5.9 as the starting point and got the xl flux chassis because the transmission I ordered wouldn't fit in the nitro plates. The rear dog bone fits as it should the front is where the issue is. The front dog bone is too long. Is there a shorter one I need from a different model

What transmission is it? The front shaft should be 78mm long. It shouldn’t matter what plates you have, the front bulkhead to transmission distance doesn’t change. It’s always the rear that gets lengthened when going to XL and since you started with XL anyway, you should have the right shafts.

Last edited:
What transmission is it? The front shaft should be 78mm long. It shouldn’t matter what plates you have, the front bulkhead to transmission distance doesn’t change. It’s always the rear that gets lengthened when going to XL.
It's the flux xl v2 transmission

It's the flux xl v2 transmission

Well, they could have changed things I guess. I’ve no experience with that one. I don’t know why they would change distances though as that would mean new parts runs. How long is the shaft you have?

From front bulkhead cup edge to transmission cup edge on my Savages, the distance is 65mm. What is yours?

The 78mm #86057 is for SAVAGE 21/25/X4.6/XL5.9/Flux HP.
And XL Flux or XL Octane need the 70.5mm #109907
1579649469821.png

@rc4me.US I think I'll need the short one along with a longer rear doggone. The 20mm cup is too big so I'll have to get another 19mm. I guess I should have checked all that before hand. It's getting frustrating but I'll keep working on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back