Slipper pad glue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Type

Hi

I have a hard time believing the slipper pads have glue on one side. But I really wonder how else the very sticker glue like guey that I found in between and around the slipper plate and the spur gear have ended up there.

Just another odd thing buggered up by the nutcase who had this car before me.
Well, one day I will hopefully have found all oddities and fixed it :)

I assume they are the same on both sides, and it doesn't matter which way you turn them when installing. Or?

Perhaps it's some kind of belt spray or something alike he sprayed onto it, when it was actually the clutch that needed maintenance. That was faulty put together as well, the clutch, both roller bearings was inside the clutch bell.

107456_107456_01p_314_235.jpg

all the pads I have seen have sticky on one side. if it is missing I suppose some contact cement could be used to stick it to the backside of the gear.....

Aha, so it really was like that. Thanx for the info! In that case, someone, HPI, or the previous owner, put the slipper pad on the wrong way. I am guessing the previous owner.
The one I am from now on calling the nutcase.

I dunno, nutcase might be to close to nutjob. We might confuse your savage's previous owner with rcnut. Might have to pick a different name for clarity's sake. :)

I see your point, and IRS said it was ok to change his name, but the priest said then I have to make an entirely new doll to stick my needles in, and I am so happy with the one I've got ;)

Considering the forces in act here, a sticker/glue must be mostly to keep the slip pad in place during assembly. There's also a mechanical design to keep the slip pad from slipping against the spur.

ive used JB weld before

COME ON NUT !!!!!!!
JB Weld on a slipper pad????????
Your bad advice is getting out of hand here..... if you are going to mislead people this badly you should keep your bad advice to yourself......

did u guys read my 2nd post? I redacted the first. yes, ive used jb weld. but I never used the slipper after that. read all the darn posts before you post.

did u guys read my 2nd post? I redacted the first. yes, ive used jb weld. but I never used the slipper after that. read all the darn posts before you post.

Maybe if you would post things that are usable then we wouldn't have to read through all your bad advice.....
Continually giving bad advice like using JB Weld to hold on a slipper pad misleading people would help a bunch.....
The pad is designed to go into recesses to keep it in place on a gear the sticky side is just used to hold to the spur while assembling it....
I can see someone using your advice to hold a pad to a steel spur and making a total mess and possibly ruining a gear in the process......
once again if you give bad advice you will cost people money and time cleaning up after your bad advice causing people grief.....

I read all your posts and am still scratching my head as to why you would even consider using j b weld for that application. Just a little something sticky to hold it in place for assembly is all that is needed.

Last edited:
One idea would of course be to use JB weld, and leave out the slipper pad ... ;)

don't get me wrong, JB Weld has its uses to be sure, but just not in this application.... there has to be some kind of slip built in to allow stresses to be released safely and the slipper is useful for this... I run mine mostly locked down and even running it this way there is still a bit of slip allowed to keep from stripping gears in the tranny and spur pinion also....

this post is a couple of years old but i am upgrading the clutch on my savage 25 i have a new Graphite Slipper Clutch Kit, this pad had nothing sticky on it like stock pads. if i can assemble it without clue it will work?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back