Slipper clutch upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romper4444

I'm not sure what you guys are using, if anything at all for a slipper clutch upgrade, but I have been having troubles with stripping out my slipper pad and the littles hexes that are cutout into the spur gear. When it was new it lasted for about two gallons, it was too late before I realized that the slipper was a little too loose from factory, and was slipping probably more than I'd like, but lasted quite a long time considering. I replaced it twice before trimming the inside if the pad and lightly tapping it into the spur hexes. It was self-destructing at the first full throttle take-off with the slipper tightened right down. After trimming it, its been about 5 tanks without a problem, but tightened fully, as i'm scared it will strip again if I allow a little slip. What are some options for a good slipper clutch upgrade, I know company's that make them, but have no idea what works?? I have the Savy x 4.6 RTR. also what the best all around clutch/spur combo, I'm thinking of changing as my wheelies tend to get uncontrollable. i have noticed that in order for my new HPI alum. shoes to properly contact the C.B, it will not ride on the Spur gear properly(hanging off the end a bit) Any idea's or anyone have similiar issues??
Soor for the long thread, kinda crammed a few in there.

Single slipper, I didn't even know there was a dual disc, maybe I missed it on HPI's hop-up page for the Savy

Do any of u guys run a bearing instead of the bushing in the spur, I switched over, but couldn't imagine that to be the source of any problems??

I took it out bashing today with some maxx tires on pavement to see if it would slip, and all is good. I kept the nut fully tightened down, I'll try again with about a 1/4 turn out and see what happens. The 3.2" maxx tires gave a little more bottom end and are good for pavement, the thing was crazy, spinning all four on the tarmac, I've never worn a set of hard compund Maxx tires like that before in such a short time. That damn 4.6 is just wild, I actually snapped the RF dogbone in half and started twisting the rears, I'll have to upgrade to the silver HD ones. I think all my problems lied in not having the slipper pad fully seated in the spur gear indents.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back