slipper clutch/spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notched306

when i tighten up the spur gear all the way the clutch don't slip but when i back the nut off ever so slightly i will tear the clutch pads up.also when the spur gear is tighten all the way the spur and that plate it bolts to doesnt turn straight but when i back that nut off a hair it is straight?i hope you can understand what I'm saying lol.i think that was one reason i was striping the plastic spur gears

I am a little confused but, I will give her my all.

did you follow HPI's stock slipper tighten all the way then back of, I believe its 1/2 turn.

Also if I were you I would invest in hardened steel spur and a racing clutch bell there defiantly worth every penny.

if i back the nut off at all i go through the slipper pads fast and i do have a steel spur and a racing bell

It looks like the preparations for the slipper pad needs to be done over. Because when you put on a new slipper pad the adhesive may not seat as well and when applying the throttle it will cause the pad to come out of the slot to which on the slipper is inserted. Blah blah blah.

This is what I did to better prepare the spur gear and lessen the wobble.
1. Clean off the old adhesive
2. Wire brush the spur
3. I then took the spur gear to the stove and heated it up. Stove top has a 1-10 scale. I put it on 5 to get it heated.
4. Using a glove picked it up and placed the new slipper pad on.
5. While still hot; I placed it on the drive shaft and bolted it down to allow the slipper assembly ensure the pad is properly seated preventing it from running away.
6. If you want to back it out from there it is up to you. I back mine out 1/16. I have never changed my pad for months now.
This is using a steel spur.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the preparations for the slipper pad needs to be done over. Because when you put on a new slipper pad the adhesive may not seat as well and when applying the throttle it will cause the pad to come out of the slot to which on the slipper is inserted. Blah blah blah.

This is what I did to better prepare the spur gear and lessen the wobble.
1. Clean off the old adhesive
2. Wire brush the spur
3. I then took the spur gear to the stove and heated it up. Stove top has a 1-10 scale. I put it on 5 to get it heated.
4. Using a glove picked it up and placed the new slipper pad on.
5. While still hot; I placed it on the drive shaft and bolted it down to allow the slipper assembly ensure the pad is properly seated preventing it from running away.
6. If you want to back it out from there it is up to you. I back mine out 1/16. I have never changed my pad for months now.
This is using a steel spur.

i'll try that trick but i still have another problem,

when i tighten down the nut for the spur gear all the way teh gear doesnt spin straight,looks like it has a wobble to it but if i back the nut off that wobble goes away and the gear spins nice and straight.

Do you do a lot of jumps and stuff? If your getting wobble I would look at the shaft that is going into the transmission.

Do you do a lot of jumps and stuff? If your getting wobble I would look at the shaft that is going into the transmission.

haven't really been able to since I'm still tuning this thing which is another story.i took the spur off and the shaft for teh tranny spins straight

haven't really been able to since I'm still tuning this thing which is another story.i took the spur off and the shaft for teh tranny spins straight

Have you check the actual slipper plate(the metal piece) for any damage?

Latest posts

Members online

Back