Slight HPI Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher_Ed

Well, I'm a little bummed. I sent my engine to HPI for their engine exchange. Every day I have been waiting for my engine to arrive. I finally got frustrated and checked the tracking only to find that HPI received the engine and it was signed for on May 11, 2011. I called HPI to find out what the hold up was and was informed that they had no information about me engine and asked was I sure that I sent it in. I informed them that I sent it in and had all the delivery details including a signature. The informed me that they would have to investigate and call me back. I'm not a happy camper!!! Rant over.

if you have all the paperwork that they signed receival, then there shouldnt be any worry...it's probably received by HPI already, just going thro the different departments....

I've got all the paperwork including proof of signature. It's just that this has taken longer than I was told when I set this up. Now it goes into the "investigation" phase. I don't want to be without an engine for another 2 weeks.

that sucks, hopefully they will do the right thing and at least overnight one for free.

and also, their "trade in" policy is no bargain because you can get a brand new F 4.6 for less money elsewhere without trading your spent engine.

that sucks, hopefully they will do the right thing and at least overnight one for free.

and also, their "trade in" policy is no bargain because you can get a brand new F 4.6 for less money elsewhere without trading your spent engine.

I found one for $100 from SickHobbies, but could not get them to respond to an email (waited a week). No way in the world I'm going to spend money with someone who doesn't answer emails.

Well, it is May 25th and I still don't have an engine from HPI. I was supposed to receive a call back on Monday and never did. I called today only to be told that they just received the engine 2 days ago. That is a lie!! I have the confirmation showing they received my engine on May 11. I even told them who signed for it. Now they have me on hold while they "look for my engine". This is getting frustrating.

Latest posts

Members online

Back