Skid Plate made from Bullet Proof polycarb material - See Through!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

As some of you know... I'm blinging out my savage with anodised parts and custom bits...

I wanted to show off my internals from below as ESC plates etc will block my view of my centre diff etc from above...

So...
I met a guy who makes BulletProof Windows from high grade polycarb meaning they are virtuarly indestructible... Anything 6mm and over is considered Bullet Proof

This is my 2mm skid plate.
He can make them to any dimensions required

Skidplateup.jpg

He even makes shock towers from 8mm material as well as other bits and pieces

IMAG0201.jpg

P3140085.jpg

He will make what ever you want as long as you provide a template and he will then send your template and finished item back to you

looks good .... but could only imagine how scuff up it can get ?... would like to see some long term testing

if it survives heavy bashing multiple hits from all angels with out cracking or ripping then its looks like it has a use for our hobbies (=

Any part in my eyes can break, some sooner than others. I have seen customed Savages built here in Japan with the shock towers and skid plates as shown and have yet to see any if it break.

well ill keep you posted on how this holds up. My savage is still being built slowly...
Ran into a little fitting issue with the complicated mech brake setup. But i think i have an idea.

He is in the process of making me some stock length TVPs, ,some shock towers and we are looking at potential bulkheads!
Would be stiffer and stronger than stock at holding a mesh, but lighter than alloy... AND THE BEST PART... SEE THROUGH! would be awesome to see everything operating

The skid plate is holding up awesome!!!
Yes a few scratches, but that is to be accepted... But surprisingly the scratches the resulting scratches don't make it look that bad... But it is still early days ... Pics will follow in the next week or two.

Is it just me or, would anyone else want to see a whole savage made out of this? minus the parts you just cant make it out of it. it would be neat to see an Alum out-line with the clear stuff in the center, like a border around it.

How much does he charge for making parts?? I'd love a shock tower made from this so I can mount my wing from it!

Ive worked with poly-carb it is strong but to a point the plastic that is on the savage is much stonger and way more flexable.

I stole this idea for a skidplate for my new PRC stuff. Went to American Plastics here in town and picked up a scrap piece of 1/8" Lexan for a buck. They cut it to size for me, and I'll drill the mounting holes on my Dad's drill press. The best part is, it's so cheap I don't have to worry about screwing it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back