Site Jester's Nova Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must depend on where you are blazer. It was cheaper for me from the ebay site. I have a set of nova shoes, just waiting for the mugen nut and springs to arrive.

hey mtbiker
do u know who u got da shoes, springs, nut from and wot did it cost u all up
thanx rex_hvn

Your welcome ..

glad this thread was so helpful

Hi,

I just received 2 sets of the nocva shoes for my trucks, I also got the mugen parts.

One thing different, my shoes did not come with the shorter weight's only the long ones in both packs. I am not going to use any after reading SJ's review so it doesnt matter.

I do have a question, what are the washers for? I don't remember any washers when I assembeled the SS kit shoes and there arent any instructions that come with it.

thanks for any help

Yea I never used them tho. I never had a problem w/o them

Yea I never used them tho. I never had a problem w/o them

I try it both ways, seems like it may be good to have the washers to keep the side of the shoes from hitting the flywheel.

How about the bearing in the CB, do they hold up pretty well, should I replace it?

thanks

I am using the washers. I found that my flywheel was getting chewed up with out them and the clutch didn't seem that snappy. The clutch seems to work better for me now but most likely I am dreaming because I changed motors at the same time I put the washers in.

I just installed mine (no weights and with spacers & Mugen 1.0 springs) thanks to your killer review. Thanks a million SJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Np man glad it was so helpfull .. I have 2 more sets comming ;)

Wow that was a fast reply,Thanks

Great info Jester

I have about a gallon through my new nova shoes

I am noticing that after about five minutes of wheelies on pavement
there is some slippage. but, if I stop trying to wheelie for a minute or two it cools down and it starts grabbing again.

I took it apart for inspection found that the shoes were very shiny with
black material from cb

I used the dremel with fine sanding drum to clean up inside of bell and shoes

took out for test and had same issue.

I wonder if a vented cb would solve this

I am not using any weights at the time

what do ya guys think?

I am running a 17 tooth vented now .. I didn't use a vented cb when I did the review .. I will have to check that out next time I run

Great review SJ!!! i know that the part # for the mugen pilot nut was posted above but the link is expired. so if anyone knows the part # for the mugen pilot nut can you post it??

thanks.

Anyone using an lrp spec 3 with these shoes? What holes did you put the weights in?

Latest posts

Members online

Back