Should I trade my Savage 25 for a Traxxas Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticky 2gs

So I was thinking about trading in my savage 25 old school for a Traxxas Revo 2.5r what do ya'll think it is a upgrade or should I keep my savage?

There is no way on God's green earth I'd trade a Savage in any shape for a Revo, unless you're a racer. And then only if that's the class you're running. I have a Revo and it's a pain to work on and the TRX engines are lackluster at best. Throw $160 at an LRP and see how much you'll miss by going to a wheezy small block. Lol!:revopee:

I like having a Revo and a Savage, but if I could only have one I'd take the Savage every time.

So i was thinking about trading in my savage 25 old school for a traxxas revo 2.5r wat u yall think is is a upgrade or should i keep my savage

Savage ==> revo = not an upgrade. (save for racing)

HPI 25 ==> Traxxas 2.5 Meh, not much different, but still definitely not an upgrade.

Looking for more fun, upgrade as @Rooky said.

You cannot have only 1 Savage as they get lonely. My advice is to get 1 of each type so that you have a Savage for every occasion...........;););)

By that logic, I need to find a Savage boat and a Savage plane/ helicopter!! Challenge accepted!

Oooo a savage boat......now that would be fun. Although it would be annoying to have to swim out there and flip it over every 2 minutes :D

As I said, you have to have 1 of each.......

Rear - eSavage
Middle (L-R) - Savage Octane, Savage Flux HP, Savage 4.6X, Savage Mongrel 25 which is now a 28
Front - Savage XS

IMG_0048.JPG
I have an XL chassis for the X and wide driveshafts for the HP so this should keep me going for a while whatever the location or the weather :):):)

i was trolling craigslist when an ad caught my eye. "will trade playstation and games for RC monster truck" well my ps has the evil yellow light of no boot. So I replied to the ad with my revo roller. Shorter version: traded him revo roller with sh 26 and some spares for 16 games and the ps console. I rarely play but miss having the ps for the occasional challenge from my oldest. As the trader left my garage he saw my trio of savages on the top shelf and inquired "what are those?" I grinned and replied those old trucks are the father of what's in your hand and are not for sale. Of course the usual questions: will it jump higher or more cars? Are they faster etc. etc.? With the same grin I answered you have what I'm willing to trade for the ps and let me know if you need any help. Not as fast, not as light, I find the savage just right... feel me?

I like having a Revo and a Savage, but if I could only have one I'd take the Savage every time.

I'm with this guy. I have 2 revo's, savage X, traxxas jato and an OFNA buggy. If your coming from big block torque, even a revo 3.3 will feel very lack luster off the line. For me, the revo shouldn't have anything less than a decent .21 in it.

My oldest revo started as a 2.5R slayer (my own servos/receiver). I got tired of that pretty quick, so I bought a 3.3 chassis, RPM arms all around, p2 rockers/pushrods, upgraded shocks (teflon coated with the variable pistons) and revo wheels/tires. It was a dog off the line, ran hot pretty much always. Installed a new era bb kit and threw in a spare XTM 24.7 and big block with a side pipe. Eventually upgraded the entire trans to RRP steel and replaced the xtm with the LRP28 and finagled the revo bb THS pipe (with mangled LST2 header) to put the pipe in the stock location. Then I was pretty happy with it.

Then I got the savage x, put a small side tank on it, put an lrp28 in it as well (also my own servos/receiver), upgraded to BP diffs and super HD bones/outer axles stubs. Then was content.

Then for some reason, I thought maybe a 3.3 revo would be fun. It wasn't. Also a dog, even after upgrading the pipe to the THS small block high torque pipe. Ran hot, slow top speed due to gearing/lack of power to pull higher gearing, wheelies pretty much never unless I hit something in the grass, erratic idle, constantly fiddly tune... installed an OS 21TM and full RRP steel trans again and RPM arms, sames shocks as my other. Now it's fun. Still not the stump puller off the line like my BB revo or my savage, but fun enough to enjoy.

Anyway, variety is fun/nice to have, but if your choosing to keep a savage or trade for a revo, I can easily say from personal experience, keep the savage. Especially if you just bash and run in grass or dirt.

I agree. Can't just have one.i have 3 revos 3 t max and 5 savages. I love them all wouldn't trade one for the other so get one of each. Hit guys I'm new on here thanks for all your imput

I'll sell ya a 2.5 revo .. it's actually a 3.3 but the motor was toast and fella threw the 2.5 on it.. I've since bought a used 3.3 just ain't messed with it...

I've been lookin for a e-revo pretty steady for the last year... I just can't make myself buy a new one.. it's pointless .. I've yet to buy one new without getting a few upgrades to go with it! The last one I bought new was my ultimate slash.. walked out with aluminum camber n toe links,proline trenchers, a pair of the long stroke big bore shocks for the front,rpm arms front/back..and the first 3s I'd ever owned... that was an easy $1000+! Within 3-4 days .. the vxl had been replaced with the savaged 2350 setup..

Latest posts

Members online

Back