Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple6thug2

i would like to upgrade my 4 shocks to eight shocks. What all do I need to do this beisides 4 more shock sets? Are the aluminum shock sets worth it?

why do you think your rig needs 8 shocks? in truth having 4 big bores in either plastic or alloy are a BIG improvement over the 8 shock setup.....

Ok cool thank you for the info. Just keep seeing everyone with them. I think I might just get rid of the plastic ones tho. I just want some color on it ha

http://www.amazon.com/Integy-T6710B...ascsubtag=8bec6df994d1-485c-912e-f77e53c7166b

i have one set of 4 of those bodies and spring sets, but be aware you have to have a set of big bore plastic shocks to donate the internals from....
But once built and installed there is not much better for the price point

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/savage-for-jam-1.13866/
I mean for real just look at the new shocks and say those are not just SWEET and great performers too boot.....

I have to say YES !!!!!! is no way I would have them just based on looks, parts are easy to get (standard HPI big bore parts) and so far in the time I have had and run them my rig is solid and plush at the same time....

Sky is the limit, but in truth the shocks and center skid and the throttle crank are all I have on my rig and so far I see no reason to go further....

I really like the 4 big bores over the 8 shock setup. However, I find they work better for larger air with a bit stiffer springs and oil in them. The hellfire white springs worked well on mine (still used the short stubby spring). I can't recall the oil I ran though, was too long ago.

Anyone ever run across a throttle pivot with bearings?

Ditching the stock saver thing on the throttle servo and using a spring/slider setup gives you better control over the brakes too. I used a threaded wire for the long throttle wire with a ball end on it. I didn't change the z-bend wire going directly to the carb though.

I really like the 4 big bores over the 8 shock setup. However, I find they work better for larger air with a bit stiffer springs and oil in them. The hellfire white springs worked well on mine (still used the short stubby spring). I can't recall the oil I ran though, was too long ago.

Anyone ever run across a throttle pivot with bearings?

Ditching the stock saver thing on the throttle servo and using a spring/slider setup gives you better control over the brakes too. I used a threaded wire for the long throttle wire with a ball end on it. I didn't change the z-bend wire going directly to the carb though.
Integy makes a throttle pivot with bearings.

I recently went the same route as Jam. I switched from the old Savage 25 skinny shocks to the HPI Big Bore guts and the Integy bodies and springs, and some 32.5wt oil.

WOW. It handles like an entirely different truck now. WELL worth it.

The dual shocks were on the old Savage All the new Savage come stock with big bore plastic shocks one on each side Yes the A720 help well in overall performance of the truck Much better than stock

http://hpiracing.world/en/part/a720
Or, the cheaper plastic version: http://hpiracing.world/en/part/102365

I run those on mine with the hellfire white springs and whatever the top short spring is that came on them. Wish I could remember the oil weight I used. Probably 40-45 weight. I know I run a bit heavier than what came in them. It handles great and can take pretty big air all day long without an issue.

I found a set of plastic BBs on ebay. They should be here in a couple of days. I guess I will get to see the difference soon! Are they a direct replacement for the stock shocks, meaning no modification needed?

I found a set of plastic BBs on ebay. They should be here in a couple of days. I guess I will get to see the difference soon! Are they a direct replacement for the stock shocks, meaning no modification needed?

no mods needed, the only thing is your shock bolts will be a bit long, but you can replace them with shorter ones or just trim them off a bit......

Awesome! Hopefully, this will also help the major rear-end compression under acceleration. Its cool to watch but not fun when I have to get off the gas to turn. Of course, this could just be my lack of experience driving too...

I found the springs that came on the big bores were a bit soft and after getting the stiffer ones, I was able to up the oil weight a bit to handle larger air while still getting a quick enough rebound that it's fairly plush like a savage should be.

i would like to upgrade my 4 shocks to eight shocks. What all do I need to do this besides 4 more shock sets? Are the aluminum shock sets worth it?

I spent the extra money on aluminum shocks and they kept bending so I built the stock plastic ones from my kit and other that a hard wreck that bent 1 steel rod I have never had any issues with them and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back