Shock towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Ok I have been wanting some new towers .. Ones like the nova brand (w/ 21 different mounting positions) BUT !!!!!! I don't want alloy .. I will just bend them ... Do they make and that are plastic .. And if you say hpi dose I will :stickspank: You .. need more then just 3 different mounting positions

:stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank: :stickspank:
Hpi Dose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:

Why not just get FLM ones since they have the "Extreme Abuse Warranty" AKA "JESTER Abuse Warranty" LOL

Well I thought about that but .. I kinda want plastic .. shock towers absorb alot of shock .. i wouldn't want something major breaking b/c there alloy

I make CF ones. They don't give much but they wont bend either. Standard hight ones are PRC133 for the full set and for each end its PRC139, I also make LCG ones for use with Hellfire shocks or simular the compleat set is # PRC138 and each end is PRC140.

They don't have as many mounting options as the navas and some others but do have a few. They also require the use of the Hellfire body mounts # HPI85514. For pricing look in my Vender section (Platinum RC Products)

arent alloY shock towers stronger and more resistant to bending than aluminum or breaking like plastic? being since it is more metal than one mixed to make it "stronger"

Alloy and Alu are initially the same thing and the stock plastic ones are great and very durable they don't break that often, they just don't allow much adjustment.

like this?

tower001.jpg

tower004.jpg

they were the first run of towers from casey back in the day, never ran em lol was number 2 of the prototypes

i just bought a set of these, i haven't tested them out yet to review the strength quality though

INTT6904P.jpg

i just bought a set of these, i haven't tested them out yet to review the strength quality though

INTT6904P.jpg

*Ducks from the flaming that always occurs on this site when someone posts something from integy*

:resp: Let us know how they do.

arent alloY shock towers stronger and more resistant to bending than aluminum or breaking like plastic? being since it is more metal than one mixed to make it "stronger"

Won't believe into the hype. I switched my plastic stockers out for alum. Had did some pretty good damage to the rear. I'm only gonna stick with plastic from now on, depending on what it will replace. And the landing was only from about 2-3 ft. above the mound I jumped and landed on. I'll let the pics explain more.

102_0664.jpg

102_0663.jpg

102_0666.jpg

102_0671.jpg

^^^Yee-ouch. That was just from landing upside down once? My guess is those aren't billet aluminum. Shame on Integy for making such a weaksauce part, it must be cast like a lot of their stuff.

Those shocks look very unhappy too...Did they bend as well?

Won't believe into the hype. I switched my plastic stockers out for alum. Had did some pretty good damage to the rear. I'm only gonna stick with plastic from now on, depending on what it will replace. And the landing was only from about 2-3 ft. above the mound I jumped and landed on. I'll let the pics explain more.

It appears that in your photos if you had 2 shocks mounted it would have applied equal pressure to the mount not causing it to bend the way it did. and this is an integy that bent on you? Your brace in your pics has no support through the middle, just a large hole. the integy pic i posted has an x shaped brace through the middle, i would assume this would only be stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those plastic ones would be awfully sweet crzy...I'm guessing that since they were prototype, that they never went into production?? I'd buy some if they did...I bet ALOT of people on here would...

^^^Yee-ouch. That was just from landing upside down once? My guess is those aren't billet aluminum. Shame on Integy for making such a weaksauce part, it must be cast like a lot of their stuff.

Those shocks look very unhappy too...Did they bend as well?

The truck didn't actually land upside down. It landed completely vertical on the rear bumper and shock tower. And no the shocks didn't bend. I was surprised also to find that out. It's only the springs being bowed out from touching the upper A-arm. The front one is the same and it's taken alot more abuse and doesn't have a scratch on it.

It appears that in your photos if you had 2 shocks mounted it would have applied equal pressure to the mount not causing it to bend the way it did. and this is an integy that bent on you? Your brace in your pics has no support through the middle, just a large hole. the integy pic i posted has an x shaped brace through the middle, i would assume this would only be stronger.

If I was runnin 2 shocks, then the inboard mounted shocks would have been complete toast. Shafts would have bent, caps would have broke, and who knows what else. It might add a little bit of strength, but it would still bend with the type of landing my truck did. The only main strength you would gain by the X-brace through the middle is from side to side (shock mount to shock mount) not front to rear. It's like building a square box and mounting an X-brace going from corner to corner and secureing it to each corner and in the center of the X. Then try pushing it out of square, trust me, it will be hard to do.

they went into productionf or a bit in either black delrin noth the clear i have and i also think he made some in alum, i dunno where to find any though....

i guess i will sell these, i guess sj has first dibs since its his thread, if he doesnt wanrt them komodo they are all urs. i will be home in a week for spring break so i will have access to them so think of an offer and get back to me

I don't think they will work w/ the X style diffs .. Have at it Komo .. Crazy& Komo Thanks for giving me first dibs .. They are REALLY nice

sweet...thanks SJ!! crzy, shoot me a PM when you get home for spring break, and we'll work something out...I'd prefer if you gave me an idea what you figure they're worth...I'd hate to inadvertantly insult you with a lowball...

Latest posts

Members online

Back