shock towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svdude

any recomendations on a god set of adjustable ones need to be able to have standard height aswell as lowering it a bit for racing

I will be working on a set sometime soon. Possable starting today or tomorrow. I'm thinking about creating a set to use the stock hight with some adjustability and a set which will be Low profile which would be used with like hellfire shocks. I also need to get around to making a kit to mount LST/Innovative shocks.

really after standard height like nova or innovative gona make any like that

They will be something like that. Yes they will be standard hight, I will also make a set of LCG ones. I will probably not put as many holes in it as they have since the Carbon Fiber is very abrasive on cutting tools and it will save some money on the parts.

hurry up and do wm i want alomost got tha cash up for the other stuff i want how much u think there gona be?

Its really hard to tell cost at this point. I do have a start on them already and will post pictures of what I have done later. I gatta get out and drive my truck now as we have a heat wave going threw today its finally 35* F. I'm excited. I can probably come up with an estamated price but I will probably estamat high just so I don't lowball my self if ya get the point.

now thats mean I'm in the uk and its bloody cold but savy runns better in it and give an =estimate 50 bucks a peice?

Yeah the adjustablility is a must for me also. I like to be able to switch from bash mode, to race mode with a few minutes of rearranging the mount hole. Duratrax Warhead has the best set up on their MT for that, from bash to race in seconds.

Speaking of cold spells its been 20's to 30's here for like 2 weeks, today was 49* and I was making up for some lost time with the savage, lol broke a body post and clueless on how i did that lol. Ohh well fun stuff.

Well guys, I have these pretty much done. They will use the HPI Hellfire body mounts (#HPI85514) and needing 2 of them. The Price will be $75 not includeing the hellfire parts or shipping, this is for one compleat set which is both shock towers and everything for one compleat truck. Here is a picture or it. I don't have the Low Profile ones done yet but will basicly look the same but shorter. These will work on all savages, 21, 25, SS, X, 4.6, LE, Ect.

prc133-1.jpg

ADDED: The Low Profile or LCG ones I am designing will need to be used with Hellfire shocks or something simular. These are intended for racing where you want the body to sit as low as possable and don't need the same suspension travel as the stock shocks allow. The hellfire shocks will still alow for pleanty of suspension travel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I have these pretty much done. They will use the HPI Hellfire body mounts (#HPI85514) and needing 2 of them. The Price will be $75 not includeing the hellfire parts or shipping, this is for one compleat set which is both shock towers and everything for one compleat truck. Here is a picture or it. I don't have the Low Profile ones done yet but will basicly look the same but shorter. I just need someone that has a Hellfire to let me know what the Extended shock length is. These will work on all savages, 21, 25, SS, X, 4.6, LE, Ect.

Wouldn't the "LOW PROFILE" ones be taller... effectively raising the shock mount and pulling the wheels UP? A lower shock mount hole location would actually raise the truck higher... If you made the actual upper mounts HIGHER then we could run the same long shocks allowing for full range of motion at the same time get the lower stance... I'm new to the RC world so if I'm wrong or out of place please let me know... I'm here to learn.

By the way... kick *** work... I'm in for a complete LCG kit as soon as funds become available...

Also... any chance you could make a "ROTO START" mount provision on the rear tower... this way you could make use of 2 Roto starts... one on the engine and the other on the rear shock mount... we could connect them with a Dog bone... this would allow easier access to starting there is no real reason why it would not work... Also on the extended chassis this would be an excellent option.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited by a moderator:
I also notice that your shock towers (at least the CAD model) don't allow for body posts...an oversight perhaps?

The reason for the Low Profile would be so the body can sit very low on the truck these are for racing use where you don't need alot of suspension stroke. The LCG shock tower I am designing is designed to accept short shocks like the Hellfire shocks. Also mentioned above that you would be using HPI Part Number 85514 which is the body mounts for the Hellfire which will attach to the shock tower.

I did over look the use of a rolostart so the center hole will change a bit thanks much for sighting that. I totally forgot about it as I always use pull start. I will modify them later today. Greatly appreciated AIR_RAM.

If you have any other questions Please feel free to ask.

Wheel here is the pictures of them. I have updated the picture above and will add the LCG one here. Keep in mind this mount designed to use Hellfire Shock or something simmular. For these also you would need to purchase Hellfire Body mounts HPI part number 85514. If time I will probably stock a few of these parts so its a one stop shop for the mods. Anywhy this one will cost $65 Including everything needed for instalation.

prc138-1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back