Shock Tower C clip!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Have now fitted new skid plates & bumper sets as noticed even though original savage 21 type fit & there is fixing hole on side of Savage X bulk head to fix bumper post to, I wasn’t happy with 5mm gap between stopper on bumper post & end of hinge pin on upper suspension arm.
The c clip that is used to keep bumper posts in place on shock tower I tried fixing in place with a thin cable tie, but noticed it was slightly pulling them out of position.
Is there a better way or do you find they never come out & get lost when out bashing as see you have to buy whole bumper set each time just to get replacement c clips?

Attachments

• 402F46F0-D819-4D79-97A5-FBCA8BD82FC9.jpeg
    402F46F0-D819-4D79-97A5-FBCA8BD82FC9.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 9
Not had any issues with them coming off if the arm is fully pushed through the bulkhead hole and the plastic clip and arm end are in good condition. The arms can move out which may allow top hinge pin to slide out of place. If you zip tie across the the two arms then it helps prevent this.

I lost one once, but was because I was working on it on a picnic table while out bashing. I used a body clip instead. Had to bend it a bit to get it to fit, but it worked fine.

Yes good thinking olds-Iss I guess you could drill hole through centre & fit same size r clip as what’s used for body shell post position! ??

Yeah, I was out bashing so I didn't have my drill or I'd have likely done that. I had spare clips at home, but I left that body clip on it a long time without issue. I just clipped it over the detent where the c-clip went.

Latest posts

Members online

Back