Shock Sox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeps your shocks clean and they can look good,not sure how many use them,not seen any on a truck round here,did see a tip in a mag once that says you can use the narrow water balloons,you just cut to length and slip it over the spring.

the `balloon` shock covers only work well with touring car shocks because of the lenght. Savage shocks are too long to work well with homemade balloon shock covers.

I bought some special Savage shock covers made from elastic fabric (washable). The work fairly well but really fine sand and dirt will penetrate the fabric. So every once in a while you have to remove them, wash them and still clean the shocks.
I decided to leave them of, that way it`s easier to see if you damaged one of the shocks and as long as you clean your truck after every day of bashing (like I do) IMO it works just as good.

looking for help!

I am with the Outerwears company. We manufacture the Shockwears for all of the 1/5th scale vehicles. I am currently developing Shockwears for the 1/8th scale market. I have almost all of the vehicles shock dimensions. I wanted to ask you to provide me with your make and model along with the Shock dimensions (Circumference around the spring and the length of the spring) so I can verify that I have alll of the vehicles and that my dimensions are correct. Any help would be great. Let your friends know that I am looking for help on this. I want to thank you in advance for your help. Have a great day.

Steve Giebel
Outerwears, Inc.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back