Shock Socks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Just wondering who all uses them. I picked me up a set the other day off of ebay for $15 made by Bad Horsie, looks good and they are washable. I got the black ones since it will go with all my bodies and almost any body I choose and whatever color I use.

I will post pictures once I get them installed.

Personally, I like to see the springs and metal, but I bet they keep them a lot cleaner. Post the pics when you get them.

Here is a few pics, 1 with them on the shocks and one with them just on the springs. I still need to mount them but its raining and cold so that can wait until tomorrow, lol. When I have black springs or any color spring and the paint starts coming off it bugs me, also it will keep them from leaking since dirt acts almost like sandpaper when the shock moves up and down so this should keep shock rebuilding down to a minimum.

100_2323.jpg

100_2322.jpg

lol I thought there was a new company called Shock that was making shocks for the Savage.

you can go to walmart get the material and sew your own in many diffrent patterns for that custom look :)

Ya I know I could Dan but I didn't care about the designs and wanted something plain, also I am too lazy to sew something.

they look nice but the only down fall that i see is that if you bend a shock shaft it will be hard to see untill you take the socks off to wash them

they look nice but the only down fall that i see is that if you bend a shock shaft it will be hard to see untill you take the socks off to wash them

Yes it might be hard but I know that the first time I bent a shock shaft that I knew instantly when I picked the truck up because the shocks wouldn't go up and down like normal.

I will keep an update on them. Also at first installation was a pain but after doing the 1st one I got it figured out and had them done in about 30mins, 15mins just doing the first one, lol.

I just ordered some today from Savage Shock Socks (I think that was their name), $10 shipped for nine socks. Buying Lycra and bustin' out the sewing machine might be cheaper, but for $10 it's worth the time savings! After taking apart my nasty shocks a couple days ago, I'm really looking forward to having the socks.

I have some as well...not lycra, so a little bulkier, but they don't interfere with the shock travel...liked them so much, I had the guy make me a set for my CEN shocks as well as an air-filter cover...here's a quick pic of the first set, on my bone-stock savy awhile back...

DSCF2123.jpg

well we all know how bad dirt is when it gets into stuff so I'm thinking there a awsome idea and they have some really cool patterns for them so I'm gonna grab some to!!

Yep my shocks still look brand new after installing these covers and they clean up REALLY easy.....

To install them you just take the springs off the shock and you roll them over it, hard to explain it.....

go to www.badhorsie.com and they have instructions on how to do it.....

Shock socks get my vote as they do keep the shock shafts nice and clean and stop durt and dust damaging the seals,

Just hope my socks fit the CEN shocks I have on the way whilst I wait for Big Bores to be released....however long that will be (maybe some time this year!!)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back