Shock Rebound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

I recently changed to 40wt shock oil and noticed that my rebound isn't good.Did i do something wrong when i changed it.Would stiffer springs help the problem.

Thicker oil will slow down the rebound. For a faster rebound you need lighter shock oil. Springs will help it because of the added force they push on the shock rod. But this will also increase the spring rate so it will land harder. I guess a touch harder is allright for bashing but softer is better for racing.

40wt shouldnt be to thick though i don't think!! maybe you over filled them I'm not sure but alot use 40wt

1 drop can be the difference of whether it is too full or hasn't got enough in it.
You should be able to push it nearly all the way down and then it should come all the way back out...

Thanks alot guys,I prolly go back to 30wt and then get the new era super duty spring set.

I'm my racer I run 25wt and 1 green and 1 orange spring oon each corner and my basher before I switched to LST shocks I was running 30 or 35 wt with the stock black springs. This seemed to be a decent seet up for bashing.

yep i was running 35wt with the stock springs and it worked well but i wanted a bit more "stiffness" so i don't bottom out at all, so i grabbed a set of the new era models super duty springs and this setup was perfect for me!!

1 drop can be the difference of whether it is too full or hasn't got enough in it.
You should be able to push it nearly all the way down and then it should come all the way back out...

This is with the springs on right ? it should ONLY re-bond like 1/16 of an inch (at the most) after fully compressed

This is on my racer, no jumping for that one...
I think I'm gunna put some LST shocks on the basher, what would be the best oil for them?

Shortay- Run the Losi 45wt silicon shock oil in my LST shocks and teh yellow springs this is a great set up for a chasher. For racing I would go with losi 40wt and the silver spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Back