shock fluid everywhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
ok guys, ive been struggling with a really simple problem but i still have no solution for it.

there are rubber hub like things inside the shock caps to prevent the shock fluid from coming out of the shocks and at the same time let air in the shocks to allow them to compress, which is why there is a tiny hole in the top of each shock cap... but anyway.

my shock fluid is all over the place because those rubber caps in the shocks are either loose or ripped... what is the solution....if there is one...

i am pulling my hair out.....

Do you have a picture of this hole in the shocks. Is it supposed to be filled with a screw. I have never seen a shock that is supposed to have a hole in it.

HUH your correct thats definitely not supposed to be covered. I have no clue other than like others have said looks like it needs a new bladder. You will have to probably contact the manufacturer, or store if there new.

oh they're not new i have had them for over about 2 years...i don't know who the manufacturer is actually

I'm not sure where i can get the bladders from

I have never seen them so sorry I am no help at all in that department. maybe if you post a complete picture here someone can help with figuring out the manufacturer.

My guess is you will not beable to purchase the bladders unless somehow you figure out who made them.

Otherwise you may have to purchase some new shocks.

I have bladders here can yo measure yours? Ill measure mine.

Boi does that sound wrong...

16x5mm on these here

Last edited by a moderator:
oh damn....not even maybe a slight clue?? :(

I'd put good money on them being GPM shocks. I found some very similar looking ones on ebay from Hong Kong. This would probably suggest that they're also GPM.
If that's the case you're gona have a hard job finding any spares. I would suggest buying new shocks.

Good luck with that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh damn I have to get new ones now ..... Well thanks for all the help guys ...... Does anyone suggest buying any particular shocks??

yes they are over sized and hold up to a beating. So far I have only bent a shaft. They take bashing in stride.

shafts are replacable and easy to replace, they bend on all shocks your not going to get away from it. Shafts are cheap aswel.

u just buy shafts seperate, they come in pairs.

Put it this way if u have never bend a shaft they u will never bend a big bore shaft.

Latest posts

Members online

Back