Shim on clutch bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for the information. Is there somewhere to get them besides sickhobbies.com? I've looked for a bit online but between work(2 jobs) school I lose a bit of time.

Some collets don't match up to the hole in some fly wheels and when tightened the fly wheel actually rubs against the front of the crank case...the shims can be used to help space out the collet to eliminate this....but when adding shims..like mentioned here before..your moving the alignment of the cb with the spur gear.

I'm the one that started the Sick Hobbies post. It worrks and you have to do it if you want your spur to last! You can get the Ofna shims anywhere. Ebay, tower, Sick, LHS, RcBoyz etc. Start looking at pictures of trucks and you'll see that most are not lined up! I've bought two Savys for cheap because they ate spur gears and now they have not eaten one!

i use a brass collet and ofna's shim kit. part number 10410, it comes with shims,2 holding callers, 2 screws. the callers go on the outside instead of useing a washer. great set up.

well i ran a tank of gas today, with no problems. My gears are off, probably 2 shims, washers (whatever they want to be called).
I kept it running for about 15 mintues the let it cool down, checked the gear and it was all good. I also didn't climb as many tubes as I did before, or do a lot of straight line runs at full throttle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back