Shifting Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelpitbull

Ok so here is the problem:
Savage X will not shift into 2nd gear!!!!
Took it apart, checked and cleaned everything and still wont shift. Truck has been warmed up still no difference. Any ideas???:chainkiller:

I know you say the motors warm but is it fully broken in and tuned correctly? If it isn't, it wont rev high enough to shift. It took me some time to get the tune right the first time because I didn't want to run it too lean so I error on the fat side and it wouldn't shift. I even messed with the trans all to no avail-after I leaned it out, BAM! Second gear!
Dave

yes, good advice piney as these nitro engines rely on rpm to shift as was said and if your running to rich your engine wont make it to a high enough rpm to make it shift also could be your shift point i guess!! when i took mine out of the box it wouldnt shift at all so i adjusted the shift point and it hit second no problem and welcome to the forum!!

I actually haven't touched my shift point at all so far and after about a gallon through it now i'm regularly seeing 2nd gear ... the speeds man ... scary ... and this is only a 3.5!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till i've trashed this engine and bought an upgrade to like a 4.6K or something ... does take some mastering tho eh!!

Thank you guys for all the help but i still don't have 2nd, I had to replace my 4.1 motor but i don't think that has anything to do with it.

Heres a pic of the Purple Beast for all you guys, no tires though in the pic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back