Shelf Life Of Nitro Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on where the shelf is. If it's inside your house and not in direct sunlight and the bottle was sealed well, it seems to last a few years at least. If it was in a garage or trunk of a car where the temp and humidity fluctuates a lot, the it goes bad a lot faster.

The bottles I have in my house are a couple years old and still seem fine. Byrons 25%. I don't run nitro hardly at all anymore, but still get a bug to fire one up a couple times a year, so my gallons of fuel sit a lot.

If the fuel is bad, I wouldn't bother mixing it, the you end up with half bad. Methanol absorbs moisture out of the air, part of what makes it go bad. Pretty sure it's sensitive to uv as well, which is why it's suggested to keep it in a dark place.

What ever you do don’t mix with new fuel ! It will last years if not opened and years if opened just make sure you close up the jug right away .

If the jug is never opened no . If opened close it up right away after pouring some out . As long as it’s out of the sun I have used open fuel 4 years old with no problem . Simply put if it does not want to run good on it after full warm up and tuned you may have to get rid of it . But it won’t harm anything

Latest posts

Members online

Back