Shanty's RC18T Build Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey,

Well I went out and bought a RC18T FT Kit so when my Savage is down I still have a RC to mess around with. I also might go to the track and race it this upcoming season.

Well here are some progress pictures:

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Not yet complete, but am having a good time building it. This is my FIRST paint job so please don't laugh, there was some mistakes but it should be way nicer the next time. Here are some items that I have ordered that haven't arrived at my house yet.

Items on Order:
- Sidewinder ESC and 6800kv Combo (Back Order)
- Spektrum Receiver (Received)
- Elite 1500 6 cell (Received)
- The Toys Steel Diff Gears and Input Gears (Received)

- MIP Super Diffs (Received)
- DP Gear Cover (Shipped)
- DP Drag Link (Shipped)
- Novak Solder (Received)
- HS-65HB Servo (Received)

- Lunsford Turnbuckles (Ordered)

Will be editing as parts come in and I continue build.

-Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I am waiting to get the Sidewinder decal or Castle Creations for the side. That or just some number decals. The problem I had when painting was the body is only a 1/18 scale. So trying to working around inside was alittle more difficult then if I were to do a 1/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jester-%$&%#!!
shanty-I have a ton of castle decals PM me your addy.

Yeah, painting them little bodies is tough, still got one that needs painting! I'm thinking of getting rid of my 18 scale stuff, let me know if you're interested. I have tons of stuff for the MT,T, and R. Tons!

glad to see it comming alond shanty looks nice and i know what you mean on the bodies and piney I'm worry that you liking the rainbow a littkle to much with say"cute" lol

Well receiver came in today so thats a part of my list.

Also parker, is it possible for you to send me an email so I can get an idea of what you are selling so I can get some ideas on what I might buy from you.

-Shawn

Well he is an update on how it going so far. I am so far liking the battery, it's supposed to be only a 1500mah battery but on first charge got to 1613mah and some people have been saying they have got it up to 2100mah after about five cycles! I have ordered some Lunsford turnbuckles since I already broke one on installation. As you can see from the picture below I got the MIP Super diffs in and The Toyz steel diff and input gear. I bought them just incase I have a problem with the stock stuff. Only thing I am really missing is the most important parts, the motor and ESC which are on back order for who knows when.

DSC_0007.jpg

looks really nice, i love all the hopups you can get for those little trucks
oh, and even tho i don't know you, pineapple, but guys really shouldnt say the word cute, lol

looks good lol i broke my fullforce bearing now i gotta order another ugh i want to play with truck lol what wight of shock oil did you use

looks good lol i broke my fullforce bearing now i gotta order another ugh i want to play with truck lol what wight of shock oil did you use

I used what came in the FT kit, which is 30wt silicon shock oil.

I didn't know they made steel diff and pinion gears. If you run a brushless you will definetly want those in there. I may just have to get some as I was tired of replacing the gears everytime I ran my 18's.

Lookin' Good!! I feel your pain on painting the little ones, total pain but worth it in the end. I free handed my own masks out of painters tape. Don't know if I want to do that one again lol The blue splashes are actually transparent and she is debating about doing some lights for night driving.

Here's a few pics of the one I painted up for my wife.
imag0002vc3.jpg

imag0006bw0.jpg

It is amazing how many parts you can get for these little guys. I have a few 1/18th's myself and absolutely love them. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to repair and cheaper to upgrade. And alot of people don't realize just how difficult it is to drive them. Small doesn't = toy

Latest posts

Members online

Back